Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a sprint

sarahrogerson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 22, 2021

I need to create  sprints which I understand I do from the backlog, however I don't have the Create sprint option. Can anyone advise why that would be?

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2021

Hi @sarahrogerson , 

The Jira Align Help Center article 10X: Create a Sprint describes how to create sprints in Jira Align.

I'd also suggest you to review these related articles, for additional context: 10X: Sprints and Sprint Planning 

Hopefully you'll find them useful.

Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2021

And we recommend that if you are integrated with Jira, you should create the team sprints there and then with the integration align those to the sync sprints in Jira Align.

https://help.jiraalign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000088854-10X-Jira-Integration-Guide

Check out this page that has several articles on the Jira integration. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Jira-Align-and-Jira-Integration-Best-Practices-and-FAQ-Table-of/ba-p/1253497

0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

@sarahrogerson 

Your role must have “Manage sprint” functions turned on 

Admin-roles- team - sprint Add must be enabled 

admin-roles-Additional options “admin manage sprints” must be enabled 

hope this helps! 

tina 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events