"XSRF Security Token Missing" On almost every action on a ticket

Daniel Pasacrita October 15, 2014

Hey everyone, we're having very frustrating issues with tokens, cookies, and all sorts of things while using JIRA and Confluence. One of the most visible issues is that almost every time we open up a ticket, the first edit we do to it (changing the status, resolving, editing descriptions, fields,) an error appears:

XSRF Security Token Missing

JIRA cold not complete this action due to a missing form token.

You may have cleared your browser cookies, which could have resulted in the expiry of your form token. A new form token has been reissued.

Request URL: /secure/AjaxIssueAction.jspa

The original input has been captured and you can retry the operation.

Now i know I can use the link the window provides to turn of form token checking, which should fix this issue, but I want to actually tackle the root cause here in case it's related to some of the other issues we've been having with cookies and users being signed out. What might be causing this? Recently we reinstalled confluence (installed on the same server as JIRA,) in order to switch the database it uses, and then we switched JIRA's database using the GUI included (now why couldn't Confluence have just used that??) and I'm wondering if the roundabout way we had to do that may have led to some of these issues, as the problems began not long after that. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Quick point, clicking "retry" will work, and the issue won't reappear again for that user for a little while.

1 answer

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Sounds like they are installed both at the root context but on different ports? If that happens cookies keep overwriting each other. Put one at /jira, and the other at /confluence.

Then ideally use apache or nginx to make them both appear on port 80.

Daniel Pasacrita October 15, 2014

Any chance you can explain how I might configure this? I'm not the best at that kind of stuff, and I want to make sure I'm actually helping it and not making it worse. :(

Like Kevin J Mathew likes this
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

Suggest an answer