Jira: Enforce a Daily email with assigned tickets

Gary Kirkham February 9, 2012

Related to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/20032/jira-daily-email-with-assigned-tickets

The answer above puts the onus on the assignee to set the filter.

For JIRA v4.1.2#531 is there a way that an administrator can mass set/force a daily or weekly summary to all assignees on a project?

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

Yes. Create have a group which includes all of the people in the project and create a daily group subscription with the filter containing the criteria (Assigned to = Current User). This will result in each individual to receive a mail daily with the list of tasks assigned to him.

Gary Kirkham February 9, 2012

Thanks Renjith.

Are there any drawbacks to this method; I am thinking specifically if the group contains serveral hundered users? Can it cause system slow downs or can the notifications be set up to be sent out of hours?

EDIT tried it myself and can see that the subscriptions can be scheduled TY!

Like Mauricio likes this
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

It is not known to cause system slowdowns and additionally Jira will only send mails only to those users who are having issues assigned to them.

Ok, great :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2014

That is exactly what I have replied on the top - Create a subscription for your filter on a daily basis

Abhishek Gupta July 30, 2014

Hi,

I have a requirement where i need to send a daily notification for all newly opened tickets in the current project ?

I know there is notification scheme that can be used to send a mail when a ticket is opened / reopened.

Is there anyway in which i can customize my jira to send me an email on daily basis ?

Like Shumihin Petr likes this
0 votes
Abhishek Gupta July 30, 2014

I tried it worked.Thanks for that

But when i subscribe, i get a mail which contains only 2 fields. I need automatic mails in HTML or word format ? I tried but i could not find any options .. is there any way which i can edit my mailing format ?

I can export the reports manually in excel, word etc but mail comes in a particular format with only 2 fields i.e Key And Summary .

Please let me know if i there is a way .. thanks in advance

Suggest an answer