JQL development property "issue.property[development].prs > 0" is not returning any results

ricardgarcia August 7, 2017

I was using the query to make sure which issues were commited and pull request done, so I can make sure which ones are ready to be sent to QA enviroments.

Even though all issues still have the Development information from bitbucket, the JQL query is not returning any results. Is there any issue or change in latest Jira update?

Thanks!

8 answers

1 accepted

18 votes
Answer accepted
ricardgarcia August 28, 2017

I have been replied from Jira support, find below the new queries to be used for the Development information in JQL:

• development[pullrequests].all (or .open)
  • development[commits].all
  • development[reviews].all (or .open)
  • development[builds].failing

You can try the structure described above with the ">0" or "=0" comparation.

ie: development[pullrequests].all > 0

Pavel Antonenko August 28, 2017

Thanks a lot! Exactly what I need!

Jason Dolan September 28, 2017

Ricard, thanks also. I had this issue and what you have posted resolved it for me.

David Puchosic November 2, 2017

I wasn't able to use these in JIRA Server v7.2.2, but I ran across this and very excited to see this in Jira Server. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-9-x-release-notes-946034808.html 

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

How do I use it in JQL search ? When I try it I get an error:

Field 'development' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

I have JIRA server 7.3.8

J.M. February 1, 2018

how do you refine development[pullrequests].all to return MERGED pull requests?

Like # people like this
Loren Reich April 10, 2018

RVal, did you find a solution? I am having the same problem as you are and couldn't find a way to work this out yet :(

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Hi Loren, no it did not work for me. May be it is not available in Jira 7

Jonathan McLaughlin April 25, 2018

@J.M., search for development[pullrequests].all > 0 AND NOT development[pullrequests].open > 0

This will not exclude declined pull requests tho.

Like Mateusz Przybyłek likes this
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2019

Is this works on Server version? or on cloud only?

Anders Dyhrberg July 31, 2020

If you want only merged pull request you can write:

development[pullrequests].merged > 0

Mateusz Przybyłek July 31, 2020
Like # people like this
3 votes
Erich Beyrent December 12, 2018

Where can I find documentation regarding Development information in JQL?  I've been searching unsuccessfully.

1 vote
Robert May August 21, 2017

I too am seeing this issue. This was working as of a couple days ago but is no longer returning any results.  I've been using this query to narrow down the tickerts that are tied to code changes for months, the query is correct.

I get {"keys":[]} (an empty) response when I hit the api for the same data.

0 votes
ignaci0s February 11, 2023

Does anyone know why this filed "development" is not available in Jira Cloud? and are there any other fields to access the same information provided by "development" for Jira Cloud?

I would like to have a JQL query to filter all the issues that has a branch that belongs to a particular version. With this filter I plan to use a webhook to triger a deployment on BitBucket Cloud.

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Anton Genkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2019

For Jira Software Server you can find the full list of available development fields here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-fields-reference-939938743.html

Geoff Goodhew May 14, 2019

Unfortunately, the documentation and the system behaviour aren't the same.

We are integrated to Github in Jira Cloud. An issue could have more than one associated PR and could have a mix of PRs that merged, open, declined, etc. These appear correctly in the development section of the issue itself and the data's there in the development object over the API.

But when I use development[pullrequests].merged in JQL, it's not recognised; I'm told to use 'For "development[pullrequests]" use "development[pullrequests].all" or "development[pullrequests].open"' neither of which (individually or in combination) achieve what I need.

Anton Genkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

@Geoff Goodhew the documentation above is for Jira Software Server, not Jira Cloud. The list of supported statuses of pull requests is bigger in Jira Server.

Here is the doc for Jira Cloud - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-developer-reference-967312910.html

Like Mateusz Przybyłek likes this
Tim Morrow July 29, 2019

It looks like the documentation has moved to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-development-fields-reference-973491363.html for server. The functionality supported by 7.11, seems to be a subset of what is stated in the documentation. 

0 votes
ckincaid March 11, 2019
  • development[commits].all > 0 
    • This pulls back our fisheye/crucible commits
    • This does not pull back btibucket cloud commits (although they are linked within the ticket just fine)

Does anyone have any ideas what is missing?

Thank you!

0 votes
keyur March 15, 2018

Can you pl. help me with how to search who committed code? I tried function issue.property[development].Author in (kshah) but It is not showing me result.

It would be much helpful, if we get this solution.

Roderick Buhagiar January 23, 2019

Did you manage to find an answer ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

Have you checked that the issues have the properties you're looking at?

ricardgarcia August 7, 2017

Sure! I was using this JQL query before! issues still have the Development information in (# commits, # PR's , # Merges ...). 

BTW I use bitbucket integration to the Development section.

Pavel Antonenko August 28, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @ricardgarcia am I right, that it works on JIRA Cloud?

Suggest an answer