JIRA IssueCollector X-Frame-Origin problem

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

I am just trying to use a JIRA IssueCollector, the simplest basic configuration.

I done everything and I am testing it on a plain empty html page, integrated with a JS snippet.

The result is, that the slide button is displayed properly, but when I click on it, the popup is empty and in the JS console I can see that it is blocked by SameOrigin setting that is returned by JIRA.

The question is, why it is blocking two files that actually come from the same origin?

In Chrome I can see:

Refused to display 'https://<URL>/jira/rest/collectors/1.0/template/form/64f69fdd?os_authType=none' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

JIRA is behind proxy and is working fine for everything else... Anyone had this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

Ok, I found the issue.

It turned out that the Apache that was proxying requests between the world and JIRA itself, had those lines:

Header set X-Content-Type-Options: "nosniff"
Header set X-XSS-Protection: "1; mode=block"
Header set X-Frame-Options: "sameorigin"

While it is generally good to have them, I had to make an exception rule for the JIRA issue collectors to works.

&lt;Location /jira&gt;
Header unset X-Frame-Options
&lt;/Location&gt;

venkatasai_pulluri May 14, 2020

Can you please tell where to update. I just want it for JIRA collector.

&lt;Location /jira&gt;
Header unset X-Frame-Options
&lt;/Location&gt;
Mounica June 20, 2020

Hi There,

This entry has to added in cert.conf file

Thanks

Suggest an answer