How to proper write complex JQL-query for the REST-api (double qoute problem for custom fields)

Rune Hellem April 18, 2017

I am having a hard time preparing the following JQL using the REST api (JIRA 7.x)

project = KLPORDERS AND "Desired date - Prod" >= startOfDay() AND "Desired date - Prod" <= startOfDay("+24h") ORDER BY cf[11563] ASC

First problem when preparing the query string for the rest post request as documented in the JIRA REST API examples was that we are running on Windows. Having single quotes around the parameter value of --data caused the error ["Unexpected character (''' (code 39)): expected a valid value As the link shows, solution is to use double quotes, and then use tripple double qoutes to escape them "inside" of the --data value. But I will still run into problems due to the need of having qoutes around the custom fields and the parameter used to specify start of day pluss 24 hours

startOfDay("+24h")

If only the custom fields I could have asked how to get hold of the internal key of the custom field, ref.

ORDER BY cf[11563] ASC

But - that won't sort ou the "+24h"....

Further more, we need to trigger the REST call using a .bat-file, so therefore trying to use POST instead of GET, since GET requires URL encoding, and that is even harder to solve due to .bat-files not enjoying the escape charaters.

Any suggestions on how I could solve this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2017

Hi Rune! This looks like a developer question, so my recommnedation would be to submit it to our Developer Community, you can find it at community.developer.atlassian.com.

Hope this helps :)

Ana

Suggest an answer