More Epic Colours?

Darryl Fernandez March 26, 2014

Hello,

Is there a way to add more colour options for Epics?

There are currently only 9 colours available but i would like to have a couple more so we can differentiate all of our Epics by colour.

Thank you!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

Hi Darryl,

You can manually set the color of the Epic. Just make the Epic color CF available to be edited and set a RGB value, like #ff3366.

Best Regards,

Silviu

Darryl Fernandez March 26, 2014

Thanks Silviu,

Where would i be able to see the option to make the epic colour CF. Right now i can't see anywhere where i can change the value of the colours.

Thanks!

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

The Epic color CF comes bundled in the JIRA Agile plugin. You just have to assign a screen for this CF to be able to edit it. You must have administrator rights for that(or ask your admin to do it for you).

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014

Hi Darryl,

Have you managed to get the color you want for your Epic? :)

Mattias Hallqvist April 8, 2014

Just tried adding a hex value in Epic colour field but no matter what I type it renders white.
Are hex values even supported?

I find it troublesome to be stuck with only 9 fixed colors.

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2014

Yes, hex values are supported, please add a '#' before, like #ff0033.

Mattias Hallqvist April 8, 2014
Tried that, and '0x'. Nothing worked.
André van der Zijden June 24, 2014

I have the same problem. Seeing that the value of the epic color is used as a class I doubt this still works. What JIRA version do you use Silviu?

Jeffrey Schell December 30, 2014

I'm having the same problem. I am an administrator and added the Epic Color CF. I then provide #ff0000 and save, however it is not using the new color. The epic is colored gray. Any thoughts?

stagesonline February 10, 2015

Some problem here! #ff0000 is not working, just turns white!

nrone March 6, 2015

It adds the color as a class instead

Arnt Witteveen March 20, 2015

Looking at the comments on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Editing+or+Renaming+an+Epic , this workaround was broken early in 2014, and hasn't been restored?

Roman Forkosh August 19, 2015

In theory, it should be possible to locate the label values somewhere (whether database, or xml file) and add additional labels? Pain in the butt of course

Martin Gregory August 21, 2016

The Custom Field for Epic Color appears to be "locked", how do you enable it for editing?

Xav Laumonier December 6, 2017

For anyone reading this in 2017, above solution wont work as the value of the Epic color field is treated as a classname, not as a style.

6 votes
Rob Lucas October 16, 2018

Should this be re-opened then as the solution suggested doesn't work now.

2 votes
bilck April 25, 2019

The hex workaround is not working. Just tried it.

0 votes
Darryl Fernandez March 30, 2014

Hi Silviu,

I am an adminstrator for my project only so i don't think i have access. I will have to ask our administrator if he can add them for me or give me access. Thanks!

Suggest an answer