WBS Gantt-Chart | Excel-Export shows japanese signs

Carsten Arloth December 16, 2015

Hello Com,

whenever I export the current gantt, the resulting excel file is full of japanese signs (e.g. week days) where there weren't when viewed in JIRA.
It happened with 7.11.0 and is still happening with 8.2.0.6. I cannot find an option to change export language.

As searching the web did not come up with much results at all, and none results where users have the same issue, I'm pretty confused what I missed.

Can someone please help me there?

Greetings.

4 answers

0 votes
Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2017

This error happens to appear on Mac OS and also Windows with language except for Japanese and English. To avoid this displaying error, a beta version export for Mac OS and Windows is now available on WBS Gantt chart.        Export>Export(mac os beta)

If you need further assistance, reach out to Ricksoft customer support.

0 votes
Ricksoft December 21, 2015

Hello Carsten, 

Thank you for pointing that out. 
As a correct specification, if a user configuration is Non-Japanese, VBA is auto-processed when a downloaded Excel file is opened and the days etc will be displayed in English. Please find the attached image. However, in a case that VBA is not automatically run depending on the configurations of Windows or Offices, Japanese characters will remain on the spreadsheets. If you could try to re-open the file after opening and close it once, it would be great because sometimes VBA starts running when the downloaded file is reopened. Also, we’d like to inform you that there is a bug that this VBA is not automatically executed under Windows in Chinese. This will be fixed in the next version of WBS Gantt-Chart which is 8.3.0.

Excel_Downloard.png

Thank you and Regards, 
Ricksoft Inc.  

Dmitry Brechalov February 22, 2017

Hi! The same issue: exported file does not show me the Gantt chart on the right side. Instead, it has only dates in Japanese at the top (see screenshot). I tried to open it in MS Exel 2013 for Windows, OpenOffice 4.1.3 for Mac and some other version of MS Office but the picure remains the same. I've tried to play with different options to cause Exel execute the scripts but no luck. The button "Re-Display" does nothing as well

We use JIRA version 7.2.2 and WBS Gantt-Chart version 8.7.0.8.

VirtualBox_Win_22_02_2017_12_11_33.png

So, could you tell us which versions of Excel are necessary, what else we should (probably) have to install and what options should be ebabled to get the chart working?

Simon Betencourt April 5, 2017

Same problem here, no Gantt displayed in Excel with WBS v9.0.2.2, and excel office 360

0 votes
Carsten Arloth December 16, 2015

But isn't the export feature than useless for non-native-japanese people/usage? And they charge us for that!?

0 votes
Pedro Santos December 16, 2015

same problem here. It doesn't make sense... I guess it should generate the file according to the JIRA language set but it's simpler to keep both languages

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events