Kanban board Quick filter input field

Tim Saunders December 16, 2015

I am looking for a way to add a custom quick filter to my kanban board, which allows our users to enter a label name in an input field. Instead of predefining a filter, is there a way we can put a open input field or drop down of all current labels in project and dynamically search by that criteria?

2 answers

2 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2015

Hi Tim,

Nice idea but not one that I have found a way of achieving yet with the current tools and their core functionality of JIRA Software.

I would suggest raising this as an improvement option to Atlassian in jira.atlassian.com or using the third party option described below.

Phill

[edited response following later reply]

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Edit reason - Later reply identified a plugin that was released following the original comment date, thus rendering this response no longer fully accurate.

1 vote
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2017

Hi @Tim Saunders1 , @Phill Fox

You can use our add-on Agile Board Filter to achieve filtering like this.

board filtering.png 

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

@Prem Chudzinski _extensi_ 

I stand corrected and will investigate your plugin further.  I will amend my original response to state that this is not part of core JIRA Software functionality rather than not possible.

@Tim Saunders1 As you can see there is an option through a 3rd party plugin and I apologise for not being aware of this at the time of responding.

Phill

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2017

@Phill Fox 

Please let me know if you'll need any assistance.

Thank you.

Przemyslaw

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events