Kanban Board for Project Management

Fabian Schvartzman September 7, 2017

Hello,

My name is Fabian and I'm a project manager at AeroFarms.

I'm currently testing Jira CORE for managing my projects, I have used JIRA in software development projects in the past and since we're already Confluence clients, I figured I'll give it a shot. I signed up for 10 users to run it as a pilot and the moment we'll see it works, we'll go to 50.

Here are a few issues I'm facing that I tried looking for guides and couldn't find how to do it, I would really appreciate it if you could help me with this.

First, I want each user when he or she logs in to reach a list of all his or her tasks and then KanBan board with the status of each tasks.

I also want to have a KanBan board on each project (we're going to have like ~30 projects where each user will probably be involved in ~10 projects) in each project the user will be able to see the tasks of all the stakeholders in the projects, not only theirs.

In addition, I want to change the default scheme, I want to add a roadblocked status. While I understood how I can add a status, I couldn't find how to add it to the default workflow. I understand that there's no way to add a status category, so I'll leave "roadblocked" as "in progress" even though it actually isn't.

It would be extremely helful if you could help me figure out how to do those things.

Thanks,

Fabian

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

To add the roadblocked status to the workflow, you need to edit the workflow that the project is using, take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/working-with-workflows-861253510.html. 

Once you added roadblocked to the workflow, you need to configure your board. You can either use the same column as for in progress, but I would recommend to add a new column for it. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html

When a user logs on, you can configure the system dashboard to show all issues a user is assigned by adding the assigned to me gadget, which I believe is already there. On each board you have quick filters, one of the default one is Only My Issues.

Fabian Schvartzman September 7, 2017

Thank you Mikael for the quick response. 

This isn't however what I'm asking. 

My question is how can I change the default workflow? I don't want to add the Roadblocked to each project. I'm going to have ~30 in the system very soon.

The second question, is how can I add a Kanban board to a project management project?

Thanks,

Fabian

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

Projects can share the same workflow, when you create a new project you have the option to use an existing project as a template. All of our official projects are all sharing the same workflow, screen shemes etc.

Boards, both Kanban and Scrum, needs JIRA Software, those are not available in JIRA Core.

Suggest an answer