Filter Issues by Due Date

Andrew Ball March 9, 2016

I have three filters on a dashboard that list tasks due within 1d, 1w and 2w respectively; however using the JQL 'duedate <= 1d' etc means that an issue due within 1d will appear in all three filtered lists.

As issues cross filter date boundaries I want them to appear in only one of the three lists. So if an issue is due within one day I only want it to show in the filter that says duedate <=1 and not in the one that says duedate <= 1w or duedate <=2w (even though technically the condition is met in all cases so JIRA is displaying the correct logical result).

I can't quite work out the syntax required to filter issues between dates in this way and I may be asking for the impossible - anyone else managed to crack this or am I the only one with this particular use case?

Any assistance appreciated.

Andy

3 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

Your filter for 1w should say : duedate <=1w and duedate > 1

Your filter for 2w should say : duedate <=2w and duedate > 1w

Andrew Ball March 9, 2016

Thanks Marc - absolutely nailed it - spot on

Andy

David Orella November 10, 2017

Does this filter include due dates for sub-tasks? 

Iwona Kalinowska September 20, 2019

Hi all, i have tried it this way 

status="In Progress" AND status != Closed and due <=1w and due >1

however the system filters some random issues and overdue as well from 2018.

Is this the right way, please?

KasandraCA November 21, 2023

I tried applying the above filters and it only displays epics, but no tasks. Any idea why this is? Thanks in advance all!

0 votes
Henry Bada August 28, 2018

How would you query filters for issues without a due date for more than a day in jira. 

To translate, "A jira issue created and due date field is EMPTY for more than 1 day"

We are looking to pull up issues which are created and after a day, the report will show if the due date has been left empty or not added after 1 day.

Thanks

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

@Henry Bada - for the record (and I'm sure you figured it out by now!), the JQL to show Jira issues created more than a day ago, and where the Due Date field is empty is:

created <= -1d and duedate is EMPTY order by created DESC

Hope that helps others who have the same question!

0 votes
Bob Moalli Jr September 15, 2017

I am curious how to query if the DUE date is not filled in, we don't do this until we're ready to commit to the work but need to see the work presently in the backlog.   

smb_williamgoulding September 20, 2017

duedate is EMPTY or due is EMPTY should do the trick!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Bob Moalli Jr September 20, 2017

Thank you William. That was just what I needed.   Bob.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events