Project ticket type question

cgoodin March 18, 2021

Our company is currently on version 8.5.1 and I was wondering if the following ticket structure is capable on that version.
I have need for a ticket type that offers 3 different types of processess. For instance, our customer support ticket, would have a type of "DMS" and when creating that ticket, you would be asked (drop down) if ticket is for Adding, Removing or Changing the DMS. Each of these sub types would have their own work flow and subtasks. Is that possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hi @cgoodin

welcome to the community.

Based on your description, I'm assuming you're talking about Jira in an on-premise installation. If you refer to customer support ticket - are you talking about Jira Service Desk (now called Jira Service Monitoring)?

For Jira Service Monitoring/Desk, this could be a suitable solution:

Inside a JSM project, you can create various request types. Every request type will appear to the user as a new option to select. You can also group these request types logically together.
So, you could group all your DMS actions together and create 3 request types, Add DMS, Remove DMS or Change DMS.

Here's a screenshot from the Atlassian docs how that might look like.

charlie_travel_service_desk-03

By associating every request type with another issue type, you can then go ahead and assign to every issue type another workflow according to your needs.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Matthias.

cgoodin March 22, 2021

Actually, I was referring to a ticket type (or project) within our Jira that we document all of our customer support tickets. We have the ability to create a customer support ticket and then choose a drop down of what type of ticket it is. My question is, if i were to choose a type, could that type provide another drop down option for that particular ticket type that based off which option you chose in the additional drop down, 3 different workflows and list of subtasks? 

Suggest an answer