cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete my own content?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2017

I seem to be unable to delete my own content, or am I missing something?

Given I can always edit it down to a dummy placeholder, why can't I just delete it instead, at least as long as there are no attached comments or answers?

This seems all the more important, given it remains to be as easy to accidentally post an answer instead of a comment as on the former AAC (a notable usability flaw), yet the ability to migrate one to the other seems to have gone (at least for me - of course, I might just not be entitled to this moderation capability anymore).

Cheers,
Steffen

2 answers

1 vote
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

You can absolutely delete content both in JIRA and Confluence.  Check with your administrator to get the rights to do so.  If you have administrative privileges, check that you are properly provisioned to delete via the permission scheme for the project in JIRA or the permissions page in confluence for the space.

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Oops.  I totally didnt realize this was posted in the Feedback Forum.  Please disregard my answer :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 5, 2017

Hey maybe a future searcher will find this helpful :) 

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 5, 2017

It is true that you can no longer delete content. You can contact an admin and ask for your content to be removed, however. 

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2017

Could one do that easily by just flagging the content as spam?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 3, 2017

You can only flag as spam if you are a Champion, in which case you could, but shouldn't, because it runs two risks:

1. You might train the spam filter that you are a spammer / your content is spam.

2. Others would check the spam queue, see your legitimate post there, and then reinstate it, thinking it was flagged by mistake.

Admins, on the other hand, have a way to remove posts without marking them as spam, so that's the better route. 

naaho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2017

How can we contact to Admin? FYI I do think this process should be much easier than what it is now... 

Ender Akgün November 1, 2018

I agree with you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events