Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canno command+V directly into comment in Atlassian Community?

Mariano October 7, 2021

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing good.

When I try to ⌘ + V an image into a comment, it tells me that I've exceeded the 50k char limit, obviously a bug? Does anyone know if this has a ticket open? Any work arounds that does not involve saving the image and uploading it? (or pasting into a pastebin and then uploading the link)

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 15.17.26.png

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2021

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for reporting this problem.  I am not certain this is technically a bug though.  Please click on the HTML tab that would appear just above the range of your posted screenshot here.  That view might be better able to tell us why you are seeing this error message of exceeding this character count here.  I suspect that what is happening is that trying to paste an image in this manner might be having to try to convert the file into a base64 format.  In which case, even a very small image file would certainly exceed 50000 characters very quickly.  Our Community site does not support adding images in that manner.

Instead, please use the Insert Image icon on the editor's toolbar in order to add an image here.  This way the file can be uploaded to the site, or you can reference an external URL where the image is hosted.  This way we don't have to try to send the image file as a base64 encoded file.

Where are you copying this image data from?  Specifically what application was this screenshot/image copied from?  What image format is the image you are trying to paste in? I am interested to try to reproduce this problem to better understand it.  But so far, I don't seem to be able to replicate this behavior yet. 

I understand that our products like Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc will allow you to directly copy/paste images into them, however our Community site is using a completely different platform here, and I don't believe that we have ever had this exact same functionality on this site. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events