It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I add a personal email beside the professional email to my profile at 'Atlassian Community' ? Edited

As a JIRA/Atlassian user, I'm automatically logged-in while visiting Atlassian Community, therefor its my professional/company email that is being used. 

However, as life can change, would be nice if we could associated a personal email to Community account, as you can do in LinkedIn, so you can keep track of your account even if you leave current job.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

@Pablo Osorio da Silva  there is additional information in this article. The short answer is that we can help update your email account on the back end if you switch jobs so your activity is associated with your preferred email address. 

Thanks @Monique vdB , that will made the trick if/when the time comes. Hope however, that somewhen there may be improvements on this area for a better user management

Pablo

The time has come, I've switched jobs, tomorrow I'll loose accept to this email, but still don't have new one. What can I do now? Can you temporarily transfer it for my personal gmail? pabloosoriosilva@gmail.com

Hi... and this is me from my new work address @talkdesk. @Monique vdB  Can you please update or merge profiles?

1 vote
carolyn french Community Leader Jul 05, 2019

Hi Pablo,

I don't think you can add them both in, however, you can log out, and log back in under a personal profile if you want. Alternatively, if you don't have single sign-on at work, you can change your email in that profile to your personal one, and keep all the history:

https://id.atlassian.com/manage/change-email 

Hope it helps,
Carolyn

Thanks @carolyn french 

The thing is, the user in Atlassian Community is integrated with my Atlassian/JIRA account, which is managed by company. This means I can't even change email to keep track of my profile in case of exist of current job.

Atlassian account - Google Chrome 2019-07-05 14.21.54.png

Yep, you are correct- go with my first sentence then to set up another profile with a personal email. I've done that, and to keep the account separate, I use them in different browsers (not ideal, but easier that signing in and out all the time). 

Carolyn

Like Pablo Osorio da Silva likes this

Yes, far for ideal, but that would be the only option for now.

From the Community product ViewPoint, I'd say that an option for this should raise priority in Atlassian. Be that having 2 emails connected (as LinkedIn) or at very least, be able to change email, disconnecting Community to the remaining Atlassian Suite.

I agree with you there- it's been a pain point for me and other users too. I'll pass it along to the Atlassian team to try to get it bumped up in priority.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB Community Manager Jan 06, 2020

@Pablo Osorio da Silva we can manually do this for you (update the email on your managed account) - just send links to your two accounts to communitymanagers@atlassian.com.

I know account switching is something our identity team is working on! I hope we'll have it sometime in 2020 :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Feedback & Announcements

Atlassian customers, you may be eligible for 50% off Slack

Atlassian has partnered with Slack to offer eligible customers 50% off a new Slack paid plan for 12 months*. About the offer Atlassian customers on a paid plan may be eligible to receive 50% off e...

88 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you