Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add a personal email beside the professional email to my profile at 'Atlassian Community' ?

Pablo Osorio da Silva June 7, 2019

As a JIRA/Atlassian user, I'm automatically logged-in while visiting Atlassian Community, therefor its my professional/company email that is being used. 

However, as life can change, would be nice if we could associated a personal email to Community account, as you can do in LinkedIn, so you can keep track of your account even if you leave current job.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 5, 2019

@Pablo Osorio da Silva  there is additional information in this article. The short answer is that we can help update your email account on the back end if you switch jobs so your activity is associated with your preferred email address. 

Pablo Osorio da Silva July 8, 2019

Thanks @Monique vdB , that will made the trick if/when the time comes. Hope however, that somewhen there may be improvements on this area for a better user management

Pablo

Pablo Osorio da Silva January 5, 2020

The time has come, I've switched jobs, tomorrow I'll loose accept to this email, but still don't have new one. What can I do now? Can you temporarily transfer it for my personal gmail? pabloosoriosilva@gmail.com

Pablo Silva January 10, 2020

Hi... and this is me from my new work address @talkdesk. @Monique vdB  Can you please update or merge profiles?

1 vote
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

Hi Pablo,

I don't think you can add them both in, however, you can log out, and log back in under a personal profile if you want. Alternatively, if you don't have single sign-on at work, you can change your email in that profile to your personal one, and keep all the history:

https://id.atlassian.com/manage/change-email 

Hope it helps,
Carolyn

Pablo Osorio da Silva July 5, 2019

Thanks @carolyn french 

The thing is, the user in Atlassian Community is integrated with my Atlassian/JIRA account, which is managed by company. This means I can't even change email to keep track of my profile in case of exist of current job.

Atlassian account - Google Chrome 2019-07-05 14.21.54.png

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

Yep, you are correct- go with my first sentence then to set up another profile with a personal email. I've done that, and to keep the account separate, I use them in different browsers (not ideal, but easier that signing in and out all the time). 

Carolyn

Like Pablo Osorio da Silva likes this
Pablo Osorio da Silva July 5, 2019

Yes, far for ideal, but that would be the only option for now.

From the Community product ViewPoint, I'd say that an option for this should raise priority in Atlassian. Be that having 2 emails connected (as LinkedIn) or at very least, be able to change email, disconnecting Community to the remaining Atlassian Suite.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2019

I agree with you there- it's been a pain point for me and other users too. I'll pass it along to the Atlassian team to try to get it bumped up in priority.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 6, 2020

@Pablo Osorio da Silva we can manually do this for you (update the email on your managed account) - just send links to your two accounts to communitymanagers@atlassian.com.

I know account switching is something our identity team is working on! I hope we'll have it sometime in 2020 :) 

Like Andrew Barclay likes this
Andrew Barclay April 13, 2023

Hey @Monique vdB , sorry to revive an old thread here, but I was curious about this issue - has there been any updates? I've just started using Atlassian community and university but I'm wondering if I should just switch over to personal accounts and keep it separate from my work Atlassian account for Jira Cloud.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events