Answers Posted badge series rolling out now!

That's right, today we're announcing not just a new badge but a whole new badge series! This one for Answers Posted.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 1.56.35 PM.png

But don't we already have badges for answers, Mo? you might be asking. We do have a badge series for providing Accepted Solutions, but this series is for providing answers in general. 

Along with our Answerer badge and our Atlassian Answerers group, this is another initiative to encourage folks to step up and answer questions! And of course we still have our high fives, Rising Star, and Accepted Solutions badges to encourage quality answers. 

New to answering questions? Definitely join the Atlassian Answerers group and find out What makes a good answer?

Only the first one of these badges has been launched so far, but they are retroactive; if you've answered a lot of questions in the past, you will start to see them appear in your profile over the next few days. And yes, there may be some hidden badges higher than 150. You'll probably see them if you run across any of our Community Leaders. 

Any questions about these badges, answering questions, or how this fits into your journey to become a Community Leader yourself? Let me know below!

12 comments

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

Not sure why I get excited like a kid when I get more badges ☺️

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

I'm with you @Fadoua - always get excited when any new badge is announced, even if it seems I'll never earn it.

Thank you @Monique vdB for your never-ending ideas for badges that keep members interested and engaged!
image.png

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2020

Thank you @Monique vdB!  I've never been so happy to retro-actively earn badges!

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2020

How exaclty is this working?

I have the badge for 5 answeres posted, but also one for 10 accepted solutions.

For me, 10 solutions also means 10 answers given.

Like Phill Fox likes this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2020

Similar to @Alexander Pappert I am interested to understand the logic as have 98 accepted solutions (working on getting the next 2!) but only have the 5 answers posted badge? 
Is it because the badges are slowly being rolled out and hence the post only mentions the first one being available but now I have got the second and can expect to keep going until I hit the hidden ones because of the number of answers I have posted (over 750 at last count). 

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2020

Hi @Phill Fox  - yes, I think it is rolling out one badge at a time. I have a couple already, but there should be a lot more coming, too.  :-)

Like # people like this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2020

@John Funk  Yeah I reckon that is the case as I just got the 10 answers badge tonight.  ;-)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 28, 2020

@Phill Fox absolutely right. So far only 1, 5, and 10 have been released. I'm about to push the button for 25. If there's one for 750 answers, you'll be the first to know. :) Buckle up. 

@Alexander Pappert the badge for 10 means you have at least 10 answers. You'll keep getting more until you reach the highest one you've achieved!

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

I started recently and I am still excited 😍

Deleted user June 2, 2020

Ц

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2020

Are these still rolling out? Mine are a bit confusing. I have 84 "provided" answers, but only the "10 answers posted" badge. I'm awful at math, but that seems off even to me :)

Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2020

I've yet to receive my own Answers Posted badge, but thank you so much for releasing this new collection! +1 on feeling like a giddy kid whenever I get a new Community badge. 😄

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events