Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-admin assignees cannot see workflow

Daniel Mould May 28, 2021

I have a workflow on a page where I have assignees on a workflow (i.e. reviewers on the workflow). Some of these assignees are admin of the space that the page sits in, and others are not. All assignee's on the workflow of this particular page have view only restrictions. The issue is that the non-admin assignees on the workflow cannot access the workflow, whereas the admin assignees on the workflow can access it. The non-admin assignees can see the page, they just cannot click into the workflow to provide their review. Does anyone know why this is?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jorge Merino
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Daniel Mould

I guess you are using Confluence Server/DC and Comala Document Management, previously called Comala Workflows as @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ well identified.

You are having troubles with the default functionality called same-space publishing (more info here). This functionality hides the non-published versions of the page to read-only users. 

There are two ways to fix it, changing the workflow visibility behaviour here:

visibility.png

Or, it's possible to  dynamically assigning page edit restrictions to the assignees of the approval:

{trigger:pageapprovalassigned|approval=NAME OF YOUR APPROVAL HERE}

{add-restriction:type=edit|user=@approvalassignees@}

{trigger}

If the possible solutions are not working as expected, please contact our Customer Support team at https://support.comalatech.com so they can investigate

Best regards,
Jorge 

Daniel Mould June 1, 2021

Thanks Jorge, that's exactly what I was looking for! What I really want is for workflow assignees to be viewers only (I don't want them to be able to edit the page!), but be able to see drafts. Confluence doesn't seem to allow for this configuration, so what I will do is get "Workflow Activity and Drafts Visibility" set to "Anybody" and then control the viewers and editors of the page myself via the add/remove/set restriction macros.

Jorge Merino
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

No problem, I'm glad the answer was helpful. Adding and removing restrictions can be difficult, if you get stuck do not hesitate to contact our support team. 

BR,
Jorge 

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Hi @Daniel Mould

Can I confirm:

• Is this Confluence Server or Cloud?
  • When you say Workflow on a Space, are you using an app (eg. Comala Workflows)?

Ste

Daniel Mould June 1, 2021

Apologies Stephen I don't know unfortunately, we use Confluence where I work so it could possibly be either the server or cloud solution

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events