JIra Service Desk(Self hosted) wont show "create KB article"

Damir Hohnjec March 27, 2018

Hallo there,

I wanted to create Knowledge Base(Confluence 6.8.0, self-hosted, yesterday istalled), and button 'create KB article' does not appear on Issue form,  even though I've tried almost all the suggestions I've found on the internet and on your pages, Applications are properly linked on both sides, Project's and users are also visible and connected, Ticket are created directly AND from customers portal, and I still don't see button! What I am missing in whole story with Knowledge base from Service Desk issues, is there some plugin missing or must I upgrade my Service Desk version or that just doesn't work? Any idea?

best regards, 

Damir Hohnjec

1 answer

0 votes
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2018

Damir,

Is the jira SD project linked with a specific confluence space?

You have to do both: The applink and the linking on project level.

yes, I think so! I've created Space from Desk Service - Project setting - Knowledge base, and is visible in Confluence!

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2018

Ok, so part 1 is covered.

Then you need to make sure that your service desk agent has read-write access on the confluence space that is linked

where ist that defined? My "confluence-user" are same as (imported from SD) sevicedesk-user,and on Confluence side I have set those Rights: default Space premissions and individual space permissions.

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2018

On the confluence space you have to give your confluence user "create page" permissions and then it should work.

Also found this other link: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-do-I-make-the-quot-Create-KB-Article-quot-button-show-in/qaq-p/491802

therefor I think my problem is solved and we can close this issue. Link you have suggested me, I've already seen before and hasn't helped me, but thank you for your time and your helpful and so urgent response, for now!

With best regards,

Damir Hohnjec

PS. I think, all what is missing all the time was, in "Space tools"(Confluence) panel, to add my SD users group to licensed users

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events