How do I make the "Create KB Article" button show in JIRA Service Desk project? (v3.2.6)

The "Create KB Article" button is not (and never has been) showing in my Service Desk Project. How can I make this feature show that button? It would be super helpful! 

2 answers

0 votes

Make sure you have Confluence set up, the service desk project pointed to the right Confluence space, and your agents have create/edit rights in that Confluence space so they can create the pages

I do have all the right permission. I'm an admin, service desk agent, confluence admin and granted myself the rights to do anything. It's still not showing the button. Weird. 

Admin doesn't matter here, did you check the Confluence space is linked to the KB space in the Service Desk project, and that you have "create" in the space?

Confluence is linked to the Knowledge Base. With Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v7.2.6) it seems like that "Create KB Article" liink is showing in a different location.

1. Go into the Service Desk Request
  2. Go to the "Activiy" tab on the bottom of the page
  3. Go over to "Confluence"
  4. There is a link that says "Create Page in Confluence" 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Statuspage

194 years of downtime: looking back on incident data from 2018

Statuspage customers logged more than 194 years of collective incidents in 2018. That’s a whopping 87% increase from the  104 years logged in 2017 , and we aren’t even through December yet....

40 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you