How do I delete a comment when the original text is no longer in the page?

Marsha Benson April 17, 2023

When collaborating on a page we create comments.  Sometimes the text that held the comment has been deleted.  Before final publication of the page we remove all comments since they were only applicable to the collaboration and not the final product. 

Those comments attached to deleted text I can't figure out how to delete.

1 answer

0 votes
Marsha Benson April 17, 2023

To clarify, the page was Published at the time of comment.  Page was edited (removing the text) and was Published again.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

@Marsha Benson welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Are you saying that although the actual text that the comment was tied to has been deleted, you can still see the comment on the page?

And when you click on this comment you don't have the option to Resolve, Edit or Delete?

Marsha Benson April 18, 2023

The comment no longer appears on the page, but the comment shows under resolved comments.  I can not restore it to delete it.

Marsha Benson April 19, 2023

I do see that there are other discussions happening, but I didn't see anything distinct about published or not.  My scenario, while not completely unique is slightly different.

Comments-marked-resolved-due-to-text-deletion-but-not-actually 

Delete-resolved-inline-comments 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events