Delete resolved inline comments

Daniel Seegräber May 29, 2018

Hi there,

I know... I can reopen the comment and delete it afterwards.

This unfortunately doesn't work if the text on which the comment has been created was deleted.

Then it looks like this (no option to reopen):

image.png

cheers
daniel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

Hi @Daniel Seegräber,

there is an open issue for that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-37666

You should vote for the issue. There's also a workaround described there: revert to an older version, remove the comment and revert back to the current version. 

Hi @Thomas Schlegel,

thanks for your quick reply. As I don't want my anonymus users to see the former versions of our documentation I deleted them all, hence the workaround doesn't work.

So I had to use the other workaround... copy the page.

Thanks anyway, I left a vote on CONFSERVER-37666

daniel

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

That's strange, the "revert-delete-revert"-workaround worked in my Confluence 6.7.0. 

I hope, there were not too many pages... 

I think it would work, but as I mentioned I deleted all the older versions, so I cannot revert. But I guess copy the page is faster anyway.

And no... just a couple of pages.

Thanks...

Nicholas Wade August 2, 2019

Don't delete the comment in the first place. Simply open the page in Edit and cut the text with the comment and then paste it back as plain text.

Karin Carlson December 22, 2022

If the text that had the comment has been deleted, it still persists in Confluence but you can't copy / paste text that is no longer there.

1 vote
Nicholas Wade July 18, 2019

Fix the bloody issue.... been going on since 2015 on both platforms.

1 vote
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Please, take a look at Talk add-on, it can solve some of your problems:

• Talk inline comments are not lost when the text is changed or removed.
  • You can set default and individual permissions for Talk inline comments.
  • Talk inline comments work in page editor as well.
  • and other benefits.

Here you can see it in action.

Hope it will help you.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2018

Hi @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_,

according to the community's guidelines for Marketplace vendors, please make clear that you are affiliated with the company providing the product you mentioned.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events