How do I add a dialog to a page?

Fred Koschara September 16, 2015

The Dialog documentation page shows a bunch of code for creating a dialog, but where do I put it to add a dialog to a wiki page in Confluence?  Do I insert markup? use a macro? ... ????

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

As Milo has mentioned custom HTML is not an option on cloud instances

Unless you make your own "cloud" plugin using Atlassian Connect, https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/index.html

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2015

I would highly recommend Atlassian Connect as the way to do this in Cloud.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2015

It does require a bit of investment into the infrastructure on your side, but once it is done you can extend on-cloud instances quite a lot to serve your needs

Fred Koschara September 21, 2015

So, the quick answer is "no" with the configuration and setup I have to work with. (I had been hoping to have an easy way to display additional information within a wiki page as a pop-up, rather than statically having it take up space on the page.) At some point when I'm not developing application code, I'll have to look into Atlassian Connect. I suspect it's going to be one of those things that ends up on the list for "some day, when I have nothing to do and a staff to do it with" ...

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2015

I can't imagine it's possible in cloud, but should be possible with JavaScript in the HTML macro in a server instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events