Hide summary of Jira Issue on new editor

Leonardo Casagrande June 10, 2020

I am using the updated version of the Confluence editor, and can't find a way to hide the summary of my Jira Issues.

Is there a way or workaround to hide them?

1 answer

0 votes
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2020

Hi @Leonardo Casagrande 

You can hide the summary of the Jira issues by clicking on the Edit Jira macro option and remove the summary option from "Column to display". Please refer to the screenshot.commmsu1.jpg

Click on the Insert button, you will not see the Summary of The Jira issues.

commsu2.jpg

Hope it helps you!

Thanks,
Manisha

Leonardo Casagrande June 12, 2020

Thanks for the reply Manisha, but I am having problem on the Single Issue format, where it always appears Key, Summary and Status.

In the previous editor, I could click on the issue, and select Hide Summary to do it, but this option seems no longer available.

Is there a way to hide the summary on the Single Issue in the new editor?

baerrach September 2, 2020

I'm having the same problem, can't find a solution yet.

All the "solutions" use table mode, which is irrelevant for single issue mode.

Same problem is duplicated:

* https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Choosing-fields-when-displaying-single-JIRA-issue-in-Confluence/qaq-p/457187

* https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-questions/How-to-Display-the-Jira-Issue-Macro-without-the-Summary/qaq-p/1242941

Even though the documentation says

"You can choose to show just the issue key, or the issue key and a summary. Select the macro placeholder and choose Show Summary or Hide Summary."

you cant.

Ben Hamilton October 18, 2021

Confirmed. Same problem here.

On the previous version of the jira macro it had an option to "hide summary" the new version of the UI does not show that as an option so the summary (full text line) shows up. Breaks the use case of providing just the key and status

Peter Schenk November 18, 2022

Same problem here - I would like to hide the summary field when linking single Jira issues in confluence. Any idea how to do so? I only want "Issue key" and "status"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events