Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Display the Jira Issue Macro without the Summary

Matthias Pfeilsticker December 4, 2019

If we Crate a Jira Issue from Confluence this Issue is displayed without the Summary. Just the Key and the Status. Great.

If we add a Single Jira Issue with the Jira Issue Macro the Issue is Displayed with Key,Summary and Status. But we don't want the Summary there.

On the Help Page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/jira-issues-macro-139380.html) we found this :

You can choose to show just the issue key, or the issue key and a summary. Select the macro placeholder and choose Show Summary or Hide Summary.

But we are not able to select the issue in a way we get able to choose this.

How we do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Erskin Cherry January 28, 2022

Why this feature was REMOVED when switching to cloud I don't know, but if you add the link to the ticket as an ordinary URL (just copy paste the ticket URL in), you can edit the display text of the link to be JUST the ticket key. Not great if you also wanted the status or if the ticket gets moved to another project and the key updated, but it's better than only being able to link to a ticket with a mile-long description every time.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hello there @Matthias Pfeilsticker ! Great to have you share with us here in the community.

Customizing how macros display data is really important due to a variety of reasons. We can surely remove the issue summary from display in the Jira Issues macro. Here is how:

1. Insert the Jira Issues macro
  2. Select the macro
  3. Click the pencil icon to edit the macro
  4. Select the option Display Options
  5. Go down to the field where many values are listed (the field name is Columns to display)
  6. Click the “x” at the right side of the value that reads Summary
  7. Save the macro
  8. Publish the page
  9. The Summary field will not be displayed

I also recorded a .GIF with both insertion and removal of that field. Here, take a look:

JiraIssueSummary.gif

I hope this shines some light, Matthew! Looking forward to your reply.

Matthias Pfeilsticker December 10, 2019

This works great, if I have more than one issue I want to display in a table, but how can I do it, if I have only a single Issue and want to use the Display Option Single Issue, because I don't need a table for just one issue.

Like # people like this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Hello there, @Matthias Pfeilsticker . Thanks for keeping this discussion alive!

Thanks for explaining further. Now that we know that a single issue needs to be displayed, I was able to confirm that the documentation does not reflect the available options in our Macro.

With this in mind, I have raised this report:

At the moment, our best course of action is to vote and watch this report. Voting helps to increase the report visibility and watching it will keep you up to date with every movement there.

Currently, there is no workaround that is capable of displaying a single issue, outside a table and without the summary. We can only hide the summary when in table mode.

Let us hear from you, Matthias.

Matthias Pfeilsticker December 11, 2019

Hello Diego, 

thanks for your answer. Because I would rather have the feature added than the documentation updated I opened a feature request for this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68834

Thanks for your help.

Philipp Hildebrandt July 20, 2022

Hi,

I added a JIRA issue via confluence (both cloud) and I only get die Issue-Key, although some more fields should be displayed. Can anybody help me in this case?

image.png

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events