Choosing fields when displaying single JIRA issue in Confluence

Robert Strauch March 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Issues Macro

In a Confluence page I paste the URL of a JIRA issue. By default, the following information are shown for this issue:

• Issue Type
  • Key
  • Summary
  • Status

However I'd like to not show the status, only the key and the summary for this single issue. However I cannot find any option like this. I cann set the display options but they seem to be applicable for a list of tables only.

Cheers,

Robert

4 answers

0 votes
szn March 20, 2021

I was always interested in the ability to choose the fields I wanted in a inline mode (not table, as described above). So many times I needed current assignee to be visible without a need to click the link, wait for a Jira load in a new tab and close it.

Here is my plugin doing exactly that:

Smart issue view for Confluence

On top of that it is possible to edit the issue right on a Confluence page (embed issues are automatically refreshed).

Important note – this is only for cloud version.

(FYI @Arian Hintringer)

7cb2b380-742f-48f4-b05b-0536005742ac.png617e2e0d-cf62-4210-a741-309da82434d3.png

Arian Hintringer March 22, 2021

Just installed it for a trial. Thanks for the tip!

@Rami Dadaa 

Like # people like this
szn March 22, 2021

Hi @Arian Hintringer 

Hope you like it. Feedback is highly appreciated. Feel free to ask for new features and raise bugs if you spot something.

The plugin is under active development and I really want to follow users needs.

Best!

SN

Arian Hintringer March 22, 2021

Just sent ;-)

Like szn likes this
szn March 22, 2021

Thank you! Just replied.

0 votes
Arian Hintringer July 15, 2020

+1 yes please!

0 votes
Dhanya Sundararaju July 30, 2019

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

Did you try to use "Display options" and then "Table" and then "Colums to display"? It seems to work, if you check the preview.

Robert Strauch March 8, 2016

Yes, I did try that. However this seems to affect the preview only. When previewing or saving the page, the single issue still displays the default fields.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

I used Select macro / JIRA / put in the JIRA issue, as Display options I choose Table and as Columns to display Key and Resolution. It works for me.

This is a lot of stuff I had to do manually, but I guess, this can be handled easier.

Robert Strauch March 9, 2016

It works this way but then you have the table view instead of the single issue view.

Anwar ul Hassan March 21, 2016

I am facing the same issue as Rober Strauch highlighted. Is there any workaround where we could add single issue with fields that we want to display without having the table? also is there a possibility to have have a table view with column where we can add comments about that particular issue (not talking about the JIRA comments here)?

Kai Werner June 8, 2018

I have the same problem. And while searching for a result I found this page without an answer.

Like Alex Kozyr likes this
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2018

For me it works only using "Display as Table". I have just checked it.

Kai Werner June 10, 2018

Thanks Jose.

But ok. If I read the threat once again my problem is a little bit different. I know that I can display a configurable number of columns in the "display as table" view and that works fine.

My problem is, that in the table view the Confluence page isn't automatically referenced within the Jira issue ("mentioned in"). That makes sence otherwise there would be a large amount of references and it would be nearly useless and the efford to calculate or define all connections between the Jira issues and Confluence pages will be very "expensive".

If I want a Confluence page to be directly and automatically referend within a Jira Issue I have to use the "single mode". And for that mode I can't configure what columns shall be shown in Confluence. I need the assignee.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2018

That's correct, Kai. If you need that "mentioned in" function in Jira, you need the macro "Insert Jira Issue/Filter", but then at least "IssueType, Key and Status" are shown in Confluence (you can hide summary)

Kuncheff March 26, 2019

Put single issue into table mode, select all the columns you want and then put back into signle issue mode.. your columns will be retained

Like anwar ul hasan likes this
AB March 28, 2019

I am facing an issue with mapping the "Mentioned in" link through Macro When I choose Table mode I still cant find "Mentioned in" field. Any suggestions?

@Kuncheff My requirement was to display only the Key. I was able to select using your method. However, now I see key, summary and status in my confluence page. The 'Hide Summary' option, does not seem to kick in even if i select it. This seems really weird.

image.png

Row 2 -> using Table, select only Key, then select single issue, then hide summary

Row 3 -> using Single issue(columns to display is not editable), then hide summary. But I do not want status to show up.

image.png

Update: I was able to get rid of the Summary, by selecting summary along with key in the Columns to display, then do the Hide Summary. However, the Status still remains!

image.pngimage.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events