Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New navigation and Home are coming to Confluence Cloud

135 comments

Almonzer Eskandar May 7, 2020

Hi, when will you be updating your resources and help center to match the new navigation? 

Also, will new users from my company get the old navigation or the new one? will they have an option?  

If I decided not to go to new nav, will you be making it mandatory at some point? when?

Like Dawn MacDermid likes this
Traci Wilbanks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

Hiya @Almonzer Eskandar

It's Traci from the Confluence product team.  The Confluence Cloud product documentation has been updated to reference the improved top navigation.  Keep in mind that the Space navigation is still in the same place on the left side.  There are a lot of pages of content, so there is a chance I could have missed something.  If you see a reference to the global sidebar, please send me feedback from that page, and I'll make sure it's updated.

As for new users added to your existing site, they will be given the same option you were.  If you kept the existing navigation, that choice will be temporary as we will be moving all users to the improved top nav in the coming months.  The date of the switch will be clearly communicated through Community posts and in-app messaging.  We definitely won't make that permanent change without notifying you all.

Hope this helps!
Traci

Like # people like this
George Mihai Lazar May 8, 2020

The search appears only onclick in firefox.

image.png

Pablo Silva May 8, 2020

Looking good, but... I'd rather have pixels used on the side then on top, as today monitor's screens go from 16:9 to 21:9! :(

Like Peter Natale likes this
Joachim Deelen May 10, 2020

I'm a Freelancer and member of different Jira/Confluence projects for different customers but I'm using the same account for all of these projects. It's very distracting, that the new navigation ist not part of my personal preferences. So I have to live with the "mess" that in some projects there is the new and in other projects there is still the old navigation. This is very disturbing and annoying. I like to have the new navigation in all projects!

Amelia Peasley May 21, 2020

I'm EXCITED for this new UI!!

Tobias Peter May 22, 2020

This seems to be very interesting :-)

Peter Natale May 27, 2020

Had it 5 mins, i already hate it.

The whole point is COLLABORATION. Not what I worked on, what everyone else worked on. So lets give 75% of the real estate to my work and hide collaboration in the corner. Announcements? who really needs to see those, so lets roll them up. Or unroll them but you lose the feed. Spaces? Yes lets make spaces take up way more space by putting a stupidly large icon on each one so only 4 fit where a list of 20 would work.

This has to be a joke now, nobody can be this incompetent by chance.

amberki chubinidze_ T_595538283_ August 13, 2020

AMBERKI  CHUBINIDZE.  T 595538283

Manduul. B August 25, 2020

I would really love to have this look and feel on my self hosted instances :) 

Or, am I missing an update from you guys? Is it bundled into the 7.7 series? :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events