New navigation and Home are coming to Confluence Cloud

135 comments

Debarko De April 9, 2020

Looking forward to it

Ankur Vishwakarma April 10, 2020

Great. I recently started working on altassian portal and already liking it. But new Navigation and Home sounds more fun to use.

Eagerly waiting for these new functions now. \m/\m/

Gala Nader April 10, 2020

Where is this update? I never saw any communication about it and our instance still has the old styling.

Pavle Lozevski April 10, 2020

Will we have the ability to opt-in & opt-out of this update? 

Personally think this is a backwards approach, right now everything is clean and out of the way of what is important which is the work (tickets, sprints, documents, etc.) With a nav bar at the top packed w/ items that our team rarely and mostly never use right in our view every time we get to work seems annoying and unnecessary.. 

I'm all about change, but change for the better not distraction.. 

David Loszewski April 10, 2020

is there a way to get on the early release of this?  

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2020

>Is there an expected timeline for Confluence/Jira connected instances? I'm working on a revamp for our entire company and would love to key off this change (most users dislike using the vertical navigation and thus haven't used the apps). I think this would greatly improve our change adoption, but I can't find anywhere that references a timeline.

Confluence/Jira connected instances have been going through a progressive rollout. It started in March and we expect to reach all customers in June. As we approach the rollout date to your site, all your users will receive in-product advance notice. I'll also provide updates here on an ongoing basis. You can watch this article for new updates and discussions.

Glad to hear that you see the new experience promising. The feedback we got from customers already on the new navigation has been very positive.

Thank you and let me know if you have any further questions.

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2020

>I was wondering if I could turn off the new navigation after we turn it on. I would like to have this flexibility in case the rest of the company doesn't like the new navigation.

The short answer is yes, you can turn off the new navigation for your entire Confluence sites and all its users at any time before or during our progressive rollout. There are a few considerations you may want to note:

• Once you have the new experience disabled for your Confluence site, we'll wait until the last wave of our progressive rollout to turn it back on. This is currently planned for late May/early June.
  • Even with the new navigation enabled at site level, each of your users still has the flexibility to make their own choice to adopt it for a period of a few weeks.
  • Turning the new experience off for all users after it's turned on may affect your users who have chosen and stayed with the new navigation.

In case you decide to opt your entire Confluence site out of the new nav, you can reach out to Atlassian Customer Support for help.

Hope this addresses your question, Megan. Please let me know if I could be of further help.

Like megan.milan likes this
Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2020

>Will we have the ability to opt-in & opt-out of this update? 

We understand that you may need time to adapt to this interface change. Our friendly Customer Support team is here to help you opt your site out of the new navigation experience. Once opted out, your site will not receive the new nav until the very end of its progressive rollout, currently planned for late May/early June.

Even if your site has opted in the new nav, any user on your site can adopt the new experience at their own pace within a period of a few weeks.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the new experience. Every organization and user may have their unique needs when it comes to navigation. I hear your concern and can see where you were coming from. I also want to share that we've done rigorous testing of the new experience every step of the way. Customer feedback and data have been overwhelmingly positive.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Like megan.milan likes this
Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2020

> is there a way to get on the early release of this?

@Gala Nader 
> Where is this update? I never saw any communication about it and our instance still has the old styling.
I provided some general details below. If that still doesn't answer your question, could you please share a bit more details with me, e.g. are you an admin for your instance? was your instance created in recent months? does your instance have a large amount of users? These are factors that could affect when your instance receives the new experience or what types of communication you see.
If you prefer a private chat on this, you can reach us by submitting a ticket from https://customerfeedback.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2. Please choose Can Be Contacted so that we can have a 2-way convo.

I just updated the article with the following details to clarify for your questions:

• The new navigation experience has been going through a progressive rollout to make sure customers of various sizes have sufficient time to prepare for this interface change.

Generally speaking, you’ll receive the new navigation experience:

• by mid March if your Confluence site isn’t connected to any Jira product.

• sometime from April to early June if your Confluence site is connected to any Jira product.

• in early June if your Confluence site was created in recent months without the new experience

• In any case, admins and users will receive advance notice in product as we approach their site’s rollout date.

Natalie Vander Kelen April 13, 2020

love the new layout!

Marc Rener Nyeland April 13, 2020

This looks super! We are just about to roll out, and I need the best version of confluence to convince everyone to join. Anyway to speed up the process so that we can get on now? It would be a big hazel to get all onboard now, and then in one or two months have them learn a new navigation.

Marco April 14, 2020

Awesome. I like!

Alex Chang April 14, 2020

awesome

Stephane Thirion April 14, 2020

hey !

That looks neat but I tried to enable the new navigation feature but as my UI is in french, I don't think the option is available yet ?

John Tolle April 16, 2020

The new navigation is beautiful... during the day.  At night, the website is trying too hard to burn out my retinas.  Dark Mode, please!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-59063

(and if anyone knows of a Cloud version of this same request, please post it!)

Like Brady Owens likes this
Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2020

@Stephane Thirion , Thank you, and we are glad to hear you like the look and feel of the new experience! On your question

>I tried to enable the new navigation feature but as my UI is in french, I don't think the option is available yet ?

Most likely the new experience hadn't been rolled out to your Confluence site yet when you tried earlier. The in-product message you may have seen was an advance notice prior to the rollout. If you have seen the notice, you should have gotten the new experience by now. UI in French should work out of box. Let me know in case the new UI is still not showing up for you correctly.

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2020

@John Tolle , thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback! We hear you. Dark mode has been a popular customer request across Atlassian products. It's on our radar for future consideration.

John Tolle April 17, 2020

@Elaine H. thanks for the acknowledgement!  Considering it's a popular customer request, is there a Jira issue that we can our votes to aside from the one I posted above?

Thomas Richter-Trummer April 19, 2020

I worked with the server version for years, then with the side navigation, got used to it, but now with the new "old" top menu, its feeling like coming home. So much more efficient, two clicks to change spaces without loading a separate page etc.

Last thing Atlassian needs to fix is the ability to place 2 images next to each other like before, then everything is back to perfect!

Wolff April 22, 2020

We still wait on this update? 
We also like to have the TOP Navigation bar in our Atlassian products.

Is there something our admins need to do? 

Like # people like this
Ser Archiebald April 28, 2020

awesome for work-from-home like me and my team; isn't amazing!!!! 

Niall Mai April 28, 2020

If its already been rolled out to 65% of users, why not push it out now to the remaining 35%?

Like Wolff likes this
Phani Krovvidi April 28, 2020

The new navigation looks more comfortable to use. Wondering if Atlassian is also investing effort into performance of pages with large tables or lots of jira reports embedded? 

Like Wolff likes this
Iftikhar Ahmad Dar April 28, 2020

Looks great! Looking forward to it. 

Rajtilak Indrajit April 28, 2020

I can't see the option to turn on new nav under my profile :( 

Excited to see the change though - navigation is uber confusing at the moment

Like Wolff likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events