Introducing Confluence whiteboards! 🎉

80 comments

Sean Blezard April 30, 2024

@Alexander Herz , I agree with your assessment. In fact, at one of my clients, we are looking at whether Confluence Premium could replace Miro for the majority of use cases. The cost difference between Miro and Confluence Premium is an order of magnitude. 

I agree with curly brackets, etc. That feels like an easy incremental feature improvement.

I've noticed a weird quirk where when I add an icon png to a board, it superimposes a background on it, even though the raw png is transparent. 

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 19.29.31.png

I wish it didn't do this. To be honest, if it had a nice icon library like Mural does (where you can re-colour) it would be even better. That's something Miro never cracked.

The other area where it still suffers vs Miro/Mural is on the iPad or phone. Let's face it: the iPad is the real need. The iPad browser doesn't correctly support Whiteboard. Making whiteboard part of the iPad OS Confluence app has got to be on the priority list (I hope?)

@Dan Breyen pointed me at this Jira feature request ticket

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-76985

I would call it a bug not a suggestion, though.

Alexander Herz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

@Sean BlezardTruth be told we would really prefer to use the conflu white board (as we are on the atlassian stack anyways and it is IT approved etc.) but we actually bought miro recently simply because the (pdf) export is missing. 

@Jonno Katahanas : what is the ETA on the export feature? 

Sean Blezard May 1, 2024

I get that. Miro is a lovely product, even when it was Real Time Board (way back when). I was a big proponent of it. However, for an organisation of 1000 people - as an example - it’s a huge outlay… which leads to license wrangling and scarcity.

Atlassian is late to the party but could replicate Microsoft’s journey with Teams - if it can focus its resources. A few features here and there can swing a product’s success.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events