Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Confluence whiteboards! 🎉

74 comments

dave_drexler May 8, 2023

Thanks, @Kalin U , that's very helpful. That message doesn't cut it for me, especially the bit about emailing someone at Atlassian with questions. I'm not going to turn on whiteboards until it's out of beta, and hopefully by then Atlassian will allow sysadmins to control the rollout and accompanying messaging.

CC: @Jonno Katahanas 

Like • # people like this
Benedikt Dollinger May 11, 2023

Can't wait to test Confluence Whiteboards!

Like • Andy Gladstone likes this
Jonno Katahanas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2023

@Dave Drexler totally understand. @Kalin U has shared above the sort of comms your base will receive (thanks, Kalin!). They'll essentially see an email suggesting they have new functionality they can try. It'll link off to docs where they can learn more.

Sebastian Stephan May 19, 2023

@Jonno Katahanas : Will it be possible to invite users which do not have a Confluence license as a 'Guest' to a whiteboard? If so, will they be able to edit the content and take part in the collaboration?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Jonno Katahanas 
I signed up for early access when i was still in Vegas for Team23, but have not heard back. I presume that means I missed the 200 cut?
That said, i now have it in a One Atlassian site, but Smart Sections do not appear to be present yet. Is that right?? When are they likely to be in-place?

Like • Andy Gladstone likes this
Diala Al-Khawaldeh May 29, 2023

can't wait! 

Sake June 7, 2023

Really a shame it will be a Cloud only product :( Not a chance it will come later to Data Center?

Emerico Vespucci June 21, 2023

Will the whiteboards have PI planning capability? Sorta like planning.io

Gerson Santos June 23, 2023

This is a great new feature. I wonder if it would allow for inviting guests outside our organization to join the board for collaboration? Or is it only for the users in the organization. Also, is it required for a user to join and collaborate in the board to be a confluence license holder?

Like • Sebastian Stephan likes this
Matthew July 4, 2023

-

Paul Douglas July 6, 2023

hey there - we have been on the waitlist since 8 may for our site - nidigitalsolutions.jira.com (its an old instance :) ... any chance we could be added sooner rather later - I'm advocating its use but alas we have very impatient folks here and they're looking at alternatives (figjam).

Many thanks

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2023

In the Solution partner space can we get this enabled to do some testing to build out management systems in Confluence which could replicate the same idea that is used in SharePoint?

J Conners July 10, 2023

I signed up to be on the waitlist. I have a few orgs that I am part of but it looks like the beta is only enabled on one org. How can I get it enabled on my main org?

Stefannie Tan July 11, 2023

Will foreign languages be supported after Open Beta? We use Japanese and we can't use this. I was super excited as well!

Like • J Conners likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2023

Hi @Jonno Katahanas I noticed that I cannot use the Children Display Macro to list all the whiteboards on the child level. Is this by design? Can I submit a feature request for this?

I'd like to organize all my whiteboards together or make whiteboards part of the child 'pages' under a parent page.

Christopher Burgahn July 12, 2023

Adding to what @Dave Mathijs wrote:

I'd love to include a section of a whiteboard within a confluence page.

Thorsten Kamann July 12, 2023

I got this message 2 days ago and were very excited to try it out. Today evening it was time to take a look onto the new Confluence Whiteboard. 

And I am very disappointed!

First it doesn't support Safari. So the most of MacOS and iPadOS user will not supported. Ok. In the message there was mentioned not all features. I hope the basic features. But it doesn't: no scrolling works properly, i cannot see the whole board, because no scrolling is enabled.

I hope this will be fixed until GA. Otherwise it isn't an alternative to Miro, that's works fine on all browsers.

Best

Thorsten

Nidhish Shetty July 13, 2023

Excited !!

Sean Blezard July 16, 2023

It’s got huge potential and I love the feature set that’s already there. It’s enough to rival Miro and Mural for many use cases, especially with its intimate relationship with Jira.

The major downside seems to be lack of support on Safari on the Mac, and it doesn’t to work at all on the iPad… which is a shame when the iPad Pro has such potential as a standalone device.

Thorsten Kamann July 17, 2023

You are right @Sean Blezard For whiteboarding supportzeitraum for Apple Pencil is a game changer. I am using Freeform on my iPad a lot to do concept work. Handwriting is faster and more direct work as working with mouse and keyboard.

So its a shame, that this browsers/device not supported.

Ed Osborn July 18, 2023

@Jonno Katahanas  I'm not seeing any way to sign up for this Beta anymore, and if the feature is in open beta then it is still not available in the Beta Features tab of Confluence Administration. Is there any way to currently get access to the feature?

Like • Brock Jolet likes this
Peter Quick July 20, 2023

Hi @Jonno Katahanas ,

Congratulations on rolling out the Beta. We enabled Whiteboards on our cloud Premium Sandbox site and I'm trying to create a Whiteboard.

The Getting Started -> Create a Whiteboard doco shows screenshots of a Create button with a drop-down arrow on the edge of it... it this Confluence DC? There's no Create button+arrow on cloud.

The other create method implies a small menu on the + button next to the Content section in the space sidebar. Again, this doesn't appear on cloud.

So, we can't create a Whiteboard.

WAIT - HOLD-ON, The Create button +arrow appeared. Looking at Confluence after typing out this comment and it's there

.Ignore this message - there's a significant lag between enabling Whiteboards and the Create button update.

Feedback on the Confluence->Configuration->Beta Features-> Enable Whiteboards. There's no Disable if we need to switch it off.

Cheers,

PeterQ

Ronnie Legaspi July 20, 2023

Will there be or is there a current way for Whiteboard to import templates / frames from Miro?

Christine Green July 21, 2023

If I enable the Whiteboard feature on my company's SANDBOX site, will the users be notified? I am hoping the answer is no.

Chris Yarbrough July 25, 2023

Are smart sections actually implemented yet, and if so is there documentation? I have not found a way to create a smart section, or documentation on how to do this. What am I missing here?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events