Introducing Confluence whiteboards! 🎉

75 comments

Mafalda Prisco July 26, 2023

Feature request! Please allow comments in the whiteboard!

Like # people like this
Gabriella Molnar-Tóth August 1, 2023

Hi, we are using it already and would love to be able to use it on mobile as well. On the ipad.

By when is it planned to have a mobile version?

Diala Al-Khawaldeh August 1, 2023

When will it be available? We join the waitlist long time ago

Gomez_ Daniel August 3, 2023

does this work with confluence mobile?

Fatih Uysal August 4, 2023

How can I disable the activated beta feature for Whiteboards in Confluence Cloud Production?

Like Jesses Gott likes this
Jeremy Smythe August 4, 2023

Hi, I just got notified whiteboards got activated for my users. Is there a way to turn it off?

James Fama August 8, 2023

Good afternoon Atlassian Community,

When the "Whiteboards" - https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/whiteboards will be available for public? 

Thank you,

James

Tami Dubi August 8, 2023

Hi,

1. Can we create organizational whiteboard templates?

2. When will a group option be available to group several objects? This function is a basic essential in whiteboards/draw software.

3. When can you include a page or use blog macro in a whiteboard? The connectivity and updates should be from Jira and other Confluence information.

Thanks,

Tami

Beatris August 9, 2023

FigJam menu is that you?😃

Craig Perkinson August 9, 2023

How does one control access to the whiteboards? I'd like certain people to review the use before releasing it (and subsequent notification) to the masses.

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2023

Really Nice feature. Thanks @Atlassian Team

Lisa Zanini August 14, 2023

@Jonno Katahanas 

Any news about how the pricing will be yet? We are hesitant to have everyone start working with this, in case it later turns into a paid feature...

Like # people like this
Jonathan Blackburn August 14, 2023

Hello,

Are Whiteboards something that our Admin had to enable, or was it automatically done for all of our users? What is the cost of this feature and, if it was enabled automatically by Atlassian, how may we switch it off?

Thanks.

Ed Osborn August 14, 2023

@Jonathan Blackburn it's still in Beta so an administrator would have had to enable it, but once they enable it in your instance it will be available for all users. Currently no cost, I don't believe they have stated yet where there will eventually be an additional cost or it will be rolled into standard/premium/enterprise plans. 

Matthias Wohlgemuth August 18, 2023

The whiteboard should not be able to "only" Post-It. I also want to be able to create mindmaps (with closing and expanding), processes according to BPMN 2.0 and organisation diagrams and link to Jira Tasks and Confluence pages.

Like # people like this
Helen C August 28, 2023

I'm very interested in this for our workplace has anyone tried it out yet. I am interested to know how it compares to Miro. I'm wondering if it could replace Miro. 

Also are there any demos available without signing on to beta - we cannot do this due to the security features not available in beta due to the type of work and customer we have. 

Jim McNeill August 31, 2023

Commenting here as feedback from the board jams up😑

Loving the whiteboards as an integral part of Confluence, and the ease of interacting with Jira in particular. I'd like to suggest a few enhancements:

• Links - other than Jira or Trello, when I drop a link on the board it ends up as text. Can't other links do cards too?
  • Stamps - can you anchor them to the element they're dropped on, so they don't get left behind if you move the element?
  • How about creating a Trello ticket from a sticky too,  not just Jira?

Otherwise - great work folks!

Thomas DAMME September 1, 2023

Hello @Jonno Katahanas

I'm using Whiteboards right now and it is simple and good. One thing is annoying for my usecase: text is always vertically aligned in the middle of a text field. I would like to have it at the top of the text field.

Is there a feature wishlist, where we can vote for improvements?

Thank you,

Thomas

Sven Hanten September 4, 2023

Since Whiteboards are available now, how can I export a PDF or Image from the whiteboard content.

Br, Sven

Like Maximilian Floß likes this
Dave Adams September 18, 2023

Struggling to understand this differs (functionality-wise) from the Appfire jira whiteboards, anyone got a good resource that compares the two?

Like Eric Farr likes this
Maria Emilia Sosa
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2023

Hi @Jonno Katahanas !
I've been testing Confluence Whiteboards, and they are amazing!!
Just one question, is there already a release date for GA (General Availability)? I want to ensure I'm well-prepared for that so I can inform users in my organization ahead of time.

Katarina Schagerberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 15, 2023

Love the whiteboard, even if it is in Beta still!

However, one feature that is really missing for us is the capability of adding clickable Jira-links from Jira Data center to our Confluence Cloud on the Whiteboard. It works on a regular page, but not on the Whiteboard.

It is not as fancy as the Jira Cloud card, but still it is clickable. If I paste a link to Jira Data Center-tickets in Confluence Cloud Whiteboard only results in a text (not clickable). See the rightmost window in the attached image.

Capture.JPG

I had a chat with your colleague Danush recently and heard that this is only available for Jira Cloud as of now.

But we don't have Jira Cloud and might not be able to migrate to it either, due to special DC requirements.

Could you please let me know when this might available? 

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Katarina

Like Dhanush likes this
Aaron Collyer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2023

Will the ability to include in the action to attach the card to a Parent (or Epic) 

This would allow you to have Epics as Sections and Cards as tasks and stories and they would be organise. 

So you would have a working Visual Story map connected to our Roadmap and Sprint planning. 

Ale January 21, 2024

Hi there! Can I import workflows from Figma (figjam files) into Whiteboard?

Alexander Herz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 22, 2024

This looks pretty good and could replace miro.
Will there be more shapes available somehow (plugin/future updates)? 

Having played with it the lack of more shapes is my only complaint. 
Things like curly brackets, documents, database symbols etc.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events