Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images show "Preview unavailable" for no apparent reason (was working yesterday)

Viewing page 2 of 3

75 answers

0 votes
Hamed Samadi September 20, 2023

We still see the issue even we use jpg format images.

0 votes
Madeline Rosenberg September 20, 2023

Can confirm opening the png in paint, saving it as a jpg, and putting adding it to Confluence solved the issue for me. Thanks @Akira Togawa 

0 votes
madhur.raj September 18, 2023

@atlassian team, I see the problem too while I try to load a gif file . I see this problem has been lingering past couple of years and no resolution. Is there anyone looking at this issue? Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 4.13.25 PM.png

0 votes
Glenn Simpson September 15, 2023

Same issue here.  In our case, it seems to happen on one request type but not another.

0 votes
Hamed Samadi September 14, 2023

We are getting the same issue. That's interesting this issue has been there from almost over than a year and great team in Atlassian haven't acknowledged it properly. Great job! keep doing what you are doing. :D

0 votes
Megan Danis September 13, 2023

We are experiencing the same issue. It is the first time it has happened. The file is a .jpg format. Capture d’écran, le 2023-09-13 à 15.26.21.png

0 votes

So the solution here is to raise a ticket with Atlassian Support?

0 votes
Dave Duijvekam August 31, 2023

We got the same issue  :(

0 votes
dhames August 28, 2023

We had the same problem. After speaking to an Atlassian engineer, they refreshed their backend, and it started work for us immediately. I would suggest asking for support for the same. It has been fixed.

0 votes
Frederik Hellstern August 28, 2023

Same issue for me. Any solutions on how to fix it?

0 votes
Koushik Kota August 22, 2023

I am having the same issue. Any workaround? 

0 votes
Jared Wesley August 20, 2023

The same issue taking screenshots from my Mac and uploading them. 

0 votes
Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2023

@Chris Cotton @dhames I've moved on to a different team, but I've let the media team know this looks like its still an issue

0 votes
Erica Vorsay August 6, 2023

Hi Pierre - for Jira, if you are using customer portals, you can see the images there. Not much help if you are in Software projects mode
Cheers,

0 votes
Erica Vorsay August 6, 2023

For anyone with this problem in Jira, and using the customer portal functionality, you can see the images from the portal. 

0 votes
dhames August 3, 2023

The ticket is closed, but the issue is not fixed. We have teams with over 5,000 images, and they all have the "Preview Unavailable" Can this issue be reopened? We still need a fix. We are in the Cloud. Thanks.

0 votes
Conor Kelly July 28, 2023

We sometimes are getting the same issue. I have noticed that if you give it some time the images eventually display.

0 votes
rochellesaldanha July 13, 2023

Is there any fix proposed?

0 votes
Chris Cotton June 22, 2023

@Owen Wallis I know I'm not who you were replying to but I did exactly this. I was pointed to a bug that didn't mention Confluence, was given short replies and then told to re-upload my images to see if that worked. The amount of articles we need to fix images on is going to be time consuming. When I relayed that back to the support team, I was told, "Just upload the image and let me know if it stays." Of course it does and I was then told, "Glad to hear that! This confirms that the issue is indeed related to this bug." 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-81303 

It's a closed issue. 

Support isn't really helping. 

0 votes
Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2023

Hi @Tesha Vogt

I mention multiple issues as there are many potential source factors. So its tricky to diagnose what could be the root cause over a forum (sorry!)

Best bet would be to contact Atlassian support and they can put you in touch with the Media Experiences team. The devs there can then (with your permission) take a closer look at what might be causing the issues.

I'm actually leaving the Media team this week, but hopefully you (and other folks watching this thread) can get help by going the support route.

0 votes
Chris Cotton June 20, 2023

Was there ever a solution for this issue? We are experiencing the same thing from pages we have had anywhere from a year ago to just a few months ago that worked fine up until seemingly now.

0 votes
Tesha Vogt June 14, 2023

@Owen Wallis You stated in your first reply that there are multiple issues in this thread. I'm fairly confident that all of the issues in this thread are the same as they relate to images that were once viewable are now showing preview unavailable. Were the Confluence or Jira teams able to duplicate this issue many of us are facing? Have there been any fixes or updates that you're aware of? Any info helps. Many of us (myself included) are at a loss as to what we are supposed to tell the people we support as to when or how this will be resolved. As always, the Atlassian Team updates are always appreciated. 

0 votes
Jan Z May 22, 2023

Same issue here for me and another colleague in my time. It randomly started today for no apparent reason. Instead of an image on a page you see a placeholder "Preview unavailable" and when you click it: "Something went wrong. We couldn't generate a preview for this file."

0 votes
Akira Togawa May 17, 2023

Hello all! I noticed the same when I copy from a website or other place. 

I have found that copying the image from the source and pasting into MS Paint, then copying from MS Paint into Jira/Confluence fixes the issue. 

Hope it works for you!

0 votes
Ralf Brinkmann April 6, 2023

I am facing the same problem, on my mac with safari, on a windows PC with win 11 (edge and chrome,) on an iPad with safari.
This seems to be a general confluence issue. Why is the support so unbelievable slow?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events