Update #4 on known issues and feedback

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 18, 2020

An overview of the pilot is hereUpdate #1 is hereUpdate #2 is here. Update #3 is here.

I've updated the list of active challenges once again, and it is now more complete and comprehensive. Some items to be aware of:

• We've uncovered the issue with all badges involving accepted answers. In order for an "accepted answer" to trigger, both the person providing the answer and the person marking the answer accepted need to be enrolled in the pilot.
    • There is no easy way to fix this, so the challenges have all been hidden. This means you can still earn them if you meet the above criteria, but they will not stay on your list to taunt you.
    • The "Server Sage" challenge requirements have been updated. This now requires you to answer 30 questions with the "server" tag but does not require any of your answers to be accepted.
    • This also applies to badges involving "likes" although there are fewer of those! 
  • I updated the active challenge list to make it clear that some of these challenges get you kudos but not a badge for your trophy case. We will be updating the imagery soon to make this even clearer! 

Please take a look at the active challenge list and let me know if you are having issues earning any of the challenges. Even if you've already reported it, it won't hurt to mention it again below. 

Thanks!

5 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2020

Why no Fri-yay for me? :P

I participated in the same post as another person - they got the badge and I didn't. 

*pouts*

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 18, 2020

@Kat Warner that is weird! can you link me to the post? I will look at it!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Same for me

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020
Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 19, 2020

@John Funk @Kat Warner interesting, the action does not seem to be triggering. When/if you comment on another one, can you let me know? I would also try refreshing the page after you comment, which helped me trigger groups join for some reason. Would be good to know if that helps. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 19, 2020

I posted on a different Friday Fun thread and it worked. No refresh required.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
November 18, 2020

It's kinda weird to keep earning "a Level 3 bonus for answering a question!" when I am no longer level 3. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 18, 2020

@Kat Warner hmm yeah good point....

Like Kyren Wong likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 18, 2020

@Kat Warner I updated it, so it will just say "bonus" next time. :) 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

The "First Group" Challenge is a hard nut to crack. Is there a special trick with it?

Like Kyren Wong likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 20, 2020

@Daniel Ebers I was only able to get it to trigger by joining a group and then refreshing the page afterwards. Can you give that a try? (You should be able to leave and rejoin any group to try this.) 

Like Daniel Ebers likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

@Monique vdBThanks a lot! Wow, I was not able to figure that out. Actually I had to leave two groups (refresh after a leave) but as I want to keep membership I re-joined the second after + reloaded. Now it came through to Kudos overview.

Funny - anyway, thanks again :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 20, 2020

@Daniel Ebers yeah it should not work this way (the action should trigger even if you navigate away from the page) and we are trying to fix it, but in the meantime this seems to work! I

Kyren Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2020

@Monique vdB haven't been able to complete some challenges because i cnt join a group 👀 tried the refrshing action but it still doesn't pull thru?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2020

Some new challenges popped up today, I saw. I tried out the video viewer challenge by watching a video on advanced roadmaps, over on this page: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-articles/3-short-videos-to-help-you-get-started-with-Advanced-Roadmaps/ba-p/1439078

However, the challenge is not being awarded.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2020

An update on my own comment: I noticed there is a new category of information with videos, next to articles in e.g. the Jira collection. However, watching videos there doesn't seem to trigger either.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2020

I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this but the "Atlassian Community Kudos Survey" is failing for me after page 6 - when I click next after page 6 I am kicked back to the start of the survey.

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Jacob Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2020

Hey @Rob Horan

Sorry you came across that. Could you share a screenshot?

Jacob

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2020

failing at p4

image.pngimage.png

Jacob Young
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2020

Hi @Alexander Pappert
Apologies if that question confused you. When ranking the items, there should be only one item per column. Rank your top item #1 (the most valuable) and your lowest item #5 (the least valuable). Let me know if you would like a link again to the survey!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2020

Hi @Jacob Young  - I closed the survey and don't have a link any more.  (it was given to me in a pop up)

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2020

@Jacob Young 

I did only mark 1 itpem per column.
Please reopen the survey for me

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events