Update #3 on the community kudos beta

Hello again, everyone, especially those who are new to the beta!

We have an exciting update for you, so buckle up.  First things first, our program overview is here and has been updated! If this is your first time checking us out, you should start with the overview. You can also find all our previous beta updates here. 

This update covers what's new since our last update

New: This group is now open, so you do not need moderator approval to join or read the group content. This does not mean the beta is open to everyone; we are still in beta mode and kudos is still open to a limited number of people for the time being. 

New: We may not be adding everyone, but 25,000 users (yep, that’s 25 with three zeroes) will be added to the beta next week. If you see new folks around, please welcome them warmly!

New: Badges for fighting crime spam have been released, available for moderators only.  

New: It’s here! A kudos tab has been added to your community profile and the profiles of everyone enrolled in the beta.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 3.14.21 PM.png

Note: community hovercards look different if you are in the beta. The easiest way to tell if someone is enrolled is that beta users have their kudos points and level listed on their hovercard.  To see any user’s hovercard, simply hover over their name anywhere on community:

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 2.21.27 PM.png

From here, you can click on their name to be taken to their profile, where you can check out their Kudos tab. 

Once you're on the Kudos tab, you can:

• Give kudos directly on the profile. This will avoid the currently clunky search experience, and also encourage folks to check out each other's profiles!
  • See why you got kudos. Here is where you can now find a feed of who gave you kudos and why. On the profiles of others, you can see what they have been appreciated for!  And the design even includes an aggregate count of how many kudos you've gotten in each category. 
  • See a list of all your completed challenges:  And how you earned them
  • Access the kudos FAQ: Click on the tooltip above your list of badges to access the FAQ. This will become more comprehensive over time.

We're excited to release this update and hope it really improves your experience! We are as always eager for feedback, so let us know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for being a community member!

19 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

@Monique vdB ,

maybe an iOS thing but this is how my kudos profile appears….

0A2639F2-295D-4F7A-AAC3-884F294BCBA2.jpeg

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 21, 2021

@Jack Brickey yeah mine too, waiting for a cache flush, which I assume is some kind of magic spell? 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 21, 2021

@Jack Brickey all is working now!

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Yep all is right with the world now @Monique vdB !

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

@Jack Brickey - now that I can navigate directly to your profile, it's way easier to dish out kudos to you 😂

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

A very exciting update, thanks @Monique vdB!

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

WOW, it's an incredible update.

Many thanks @Monique vdB 

Cheers

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2021

Nice addition! I'm really starting liking it!

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Sounds exciting! Started exploring the challenges. 

@Monique vdB  - Just one quick query, do we have scheduled updates on the challenges and badges earned or is it preconfigured and gets updated with the levels only? E.g. - Suppose someone new to beta in July,2021 would get new challenges in contrast to someone joined beta in June.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 23, 2021

@Suvradip Paul good question, new challenges appear often! So we're still adding challenges as we go.

At some point we are planning to turn on quarterly leaderboards. Everyone will still have their points but the leaderboard will reset every quarter, which means everyone who is new will get a chance to catch up with those who have been participating since the pilot phase! 

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2021

Thanks @Monique vdB for clarifying. I think it's fair and this would encourage people to join, learn and contribute actively in community.

Mark Jestings August 4, 2021

Can I participate as well? I've joined the group but I can't see the kudos tab.

Like Liam Green likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2021

Hi @Mark Jestings 

Welcome to the Community!

I think we're still in the closed beta stage, so you won't automatically see kudos yet.

@Monique vdB will be able to clarify whether you're able to join the program at the moment

Like Mark Jestings likes this
Mark Jestings August 5, 2021

Thank you @Liam Green !

Mark Jestings August 6, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB! I hope you are well! I wanted to know if I can participate on the kudos program. Are there any empty seats left? Am I eligible to join? A feedback would be highly appreciated! Thanx!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 9, 2021

@Mark Jestings hi Mark! it may take a few days since we've got some vacations on our team, but I will work on getting you added :) 

Mark Jestings August 9, 2021

Great news! Looking forward to it! Thank you a bunch!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 16, 2021

@Mark Jestings you are being added today! Keep an eye out for the kudos link next to your avatar. 

Mark Jestings August 23, 2021

Nice! Thanx so much @Monique vdB !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events