Atlassian Foundation Match, July 2022: 30,000 trees

Community Cupid, February 2023:  1,300 trees

Tree planting quiz, June 2023: 1,925 trees

Leaders of the Pack, June 2023: 10,500 trees

Likes for Trees, July 2023: 30,000 trees

Atlassian Foundation Match, August 2023: 30,000 trees

Community Cupid, February 2024: 800 trees

Total trees planted: 133,299 🌳

Trees planted in: Brazil, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Haiti, Nepal, Kenya, Philippines, Honduras, Madagascar, Mozambique

🌊 Ocean Tracker 🌊

Plastic removed from ocean: 7631 pounds (3461 kg)

Wave Goodbye, December 2023: 980 pounds (444.5 kg)

Community Cupid, February 2024: 700 pounds (317.5 kg)

Total plastic removed: 9,311 pounds (4223 kg)

Plastic removed in: United States, Guatemala, Indonesia, Jamaica, Malaysia, Dominican Republic, Great Pacific Garbage Patch

In July of 2022, the Atlassian Community launched a campaign called Likes for Trees, where we planted one tree for every "like" on the community during the course of the month.  Our goal was 30,000 trees, which we met - and the Atlassian Foundation matched! - bringing us to 60,074 trees planted.

On Valentine's Day 2023, we did a one-day contest called Community Cupid, where Atlassians spread the love throughout the community.  Everyone who earned the badge the maximum number of times in one day (100) had the opportunity to have trees planted for them, which added 1,300 trees to our grand total - in one day!

I'm excited to announce that we plan to keep the ball rolling, with Likes for Trees II coming up later this year - get ready to smash that like button, spam the tree thread with tree pictures, and keep an eye on the Kudos group for news about our launch date, tree goal, and more. 

In the meantime, we're giving away more trees to our Kudos leaderboard winners this quarter.

Anyone who earns at least 5,000 points between now and the end of June will have trees planted for them, and Kudos members can vote below on where you'd like to see the trees planted.*

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 1.49.35 PM.png

We'll plant some trees in the top three voted countries, so vote wisely! Once again, we will be partnering with the Eden Reforestation Project: the "Our Work" section of their website goes into detail about the projects in each of the 10 countries in which they operate, listed in the poll below. 

And as a bonus, we'll plant 5 extra trees for every vote in our poll. So go vote, and remember the wise words of Community Leader @Craig Nodwell: "a tree should be planted for this!" 

[Poll is closed, and the winning countries are Brazil, Ethiopia, and Haiti] 

*If you are not enrolled in Kudos, you need to join before you can vote in this poll. Just log into the community and click the button at the top right of the nav bar that says Kudos; then click "Join the Kudos program" to enroll instantly. Welcome to the Kudos program! 

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 10.29.14 AM.png

83 comments

Comment

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2023

Wow! What a fantastic campaign! We do need more trees to be planted 🌳🌳🌳

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

I love this, we did something similar with the MongoDB Community 2 years ago.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Wooooooo
A Tree Should Be Planted For This!!!

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

I've been down with illness and heartache over loss.  I'd even started thinking about not meeting my commitments to the community and if I should just bow out.  Then you go and do this!
This is the first thing I've been excited about since last fall.

🌳 should be planted for you @Monique vdB I'm currently feeling rejuvenated just over the thought of this campaign.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

@Monique vdB It is great to see the great work of planting trees by Atlassian being continued this year as well! Thank you for sharing the latest updates on this initiative.

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

The confetti is always such a pleasant surprise! 🌳🎉

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

A tree should be planted for this :-)!!!

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

Let's plant some trees!! Confetti was indeed a bonus!!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

Love that we are doing this again! You go @Monique vdB for sponsoring this effort! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 30, 2023

@Craig Nodwell I'm so glad, we would hate to lose you, my friend!  💚💚💚

Like # people like this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

Amazing work by @Atlassian and @Monique vdB 

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

🎉🎉🎉 Confettii!!! Love it - it never gets old :D

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

More trees🌳🌴again 💗.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 31, 2023

Current update to the Tree Tracker, we have planted 165 trees so far just from the votes on the quiz, and our current top three countries are Brazil, Nepal, and Haiti. 🌳

It couldn't be easier to plant 5 trees, so spread the word!

Like # people like this
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

This is great @Monique vdB @do we get to see any photos of the trees planted? 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

I love this initiative. Can’t wait to watch the tree tracker climb up the thermometer!

Like # people like this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Very good initiative but overall the problem of deforestation is big one.. Hope that it would stop, especially in Brazil where we have a lot of Amazon land. Without it we would soon notice a significant climate change..

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

Voted! And again, awesome initiative! 🥳

Like # people like this
Graham Twine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

I am not in any of these countries so should I just wait until i get there?
Maybe I should start planting trees in Cape Town and tell everyone.

Hopefully people in the countries listed see what I am doing and they pickup the baton and do the same in their countries.

This way I am responsible for planting a tree in every country .....

WAIT!!! Countries are a human condition, animals do not care for borders ;)

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2023

@Monique vdB 

good initiative helpful for Mankind and future generations. 

thanks for sharing the thread, I have voted.

vikram P

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 4, 2023

@Danny I'd love that! You can see a video of their project in Brazil, which we supported last year with 10,000 trees. 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

More trees! 🌳 🌳 🌳 

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

I absolutely love this initiative @Monique vdB and can't wait for Likes for Trees 2.0 🙌 Bring on the trees🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳

Like # people like this
Javad Farahani April 9, 2023

Perfect idea

Like # people like this
Trina Banerjee April 10, 2023

Lovely Initiative... Keep up the good work team.. :)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events