Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🌊 Ocean Devotion: your impact, and what's next!

Thank you to everyone who participated in Ocean Devotion on World Oceans Day! We partnered with Ocean Blue Cleanup to remove plastic debris from the oceans, and here are the final results.

First: We met our goal of 5,000 completions, and 5,000 pounds of plastic removed. 🎉

It was fun to watch the number of available completions go down on the Kudos dashboard as we all pulled together to reach this goal!

Second: We removed some more pounds of plastic based on social media shares and local ocean cleanups, all shared in this thread.

16 people shared this post on their social channels and we had 3 people jump in and do local ocean cleanups, for a total of 31 additional pounds, bringing us up to 5031 pounds of ocean plastic removed

But wait, there's more!

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 2.10.10 PM.png

Third: We extended a bonus challenge for users who earned the badge 100 or more times.

Our goal was to have more than 15 folks meet this goal, and in fact, we had 26 people achieve this goal! For each one of these 26 people, we will award the special Sea Devotee badge, plus remove 100 more pounds of ocean plastic for each person, for an additional 2600 pounds of removed plastic.

A huge thank you to the Atlassian Foundation, whose support helped make this additional 2,600 pound donation possible.

Our Sea Devotees are: @Amanda Barber  (325 completions), @Andy Gladstone  (249),  @Tomislav Tobijas (244), @Peter Van de Voorde and @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  (222 completions each), and with 100+ completions each:  @Hana Kučerová @Dave Mathijs @Sanjog Sigdel @Summer_Hogan @Monique vdB 😉 @Randy O_Neal @Mikael Sandberg @Dan Breyen @Lauren Allen @Manfred Höffken @Trudy Claspill @Tom Whittle @Walter Buggenhout @Alexander Pappert @Sabrina Beach (winner of the “aptest name” award), @Collista Lewingdon @Craig Nodwell @Heather Ronnebeck @ronald_bergmann @Tamanna Godara  and @John Funk!   

Thanks to each of you and your starfishy clicking for making a difference!

Jellyfish.png

The Sea Devotee badge

(And I see a lot of future Rising Stars and Community Leaders on this list too...)

This brings us to a grand total of 7631 pounds of ocean plastic removed via Ocean Blue Cleanup. We’ll be adding this to our Tracker as we get ready for the next adventure….

Likes for Trees 2!

For anyone who is new here, last year we planted 30,074 trees during July. And we’re getting a head start this year by planting trees for anyone who has earned 5,000 or more kudos points this quarter, with a poll you can vote in that will determine where we plant them.

IMG-20220423-WA0101 WM.jpg

This is an image of trees being planted by the local community in Brazil, in one of the projects we sponsored with our donation last year. We funded 10,000+ trees in Brazil! 🌳

Here is the post where you can read all about Likes for Trees.  We will be kicking off on July 1, with another repeatable badge to earn all month long, a leaderboard rollover, and some extra dollars in our budget. Make us spend it on trees! 🌳

Congratulations, everyone! Amazing job, and see you next time....

12 comments

Comment

Sabrina Beach June 14, 2023

"Aptest name award..."   Ha!  I suppose I didn't have an excuse to NOT participate!

On behalf of my ancestors who have had this last name for over 400 years, I thank you!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2023

Yay! It was really fun to see some new content while trying to get lots of likes and comments in that day. 

Finding Dory Sea GIF by Disney/Pixar's Finding Dory

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 14, 2023

@Sabrina Beach hopefully your middle name is Aspen or something so you'll be extra motivated to plant a bunch of trees next month 😂 

Like # people like this
Sabrina Beach June 14, 2023

@Monique vdB How did you guess???  LOL

Unfortunately, I'm not that lucky!

Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2023

New to the community but glad that I was able to contribute from my end for a greater good. ✌️

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 14, 2023

@Sanjog Sigdel so happy to have you here, and jumping right into the deep end Sanjog! You rock!

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2023

Nice one everyone! I'm glad to have a chance to be a part of initiatives such as this one 😊

Hopefully, we'll see more fishies swimming around after this. Let's just keep it up 💪

Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2023

Thank you @Monique vdB 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 14, 2023

I'm loving the work of The Ocean Cleanup in Guatemala right now. Sad to see all the plastic but thrilled to see something being done about it!

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2023

Great job everyone!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2023

I echo @Amanda Barber when I say that these challenges really get me to digest more community content than I would normally find in my regular travels through the Communiverse. Thanks for giving our digital pilgrimages more meaning @Monique vdB

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2023

Me too - totally agree with @Amanda Barber and @Andy Gladstone that these types of challenges help digest more and more community content! Also love the word "Communiverse" @Andy Gladstone! Thanks for sponsoring this event @Monique vdB!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events