Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Issue Automation

Doireann Casey May 15, 2024

Hi, 

I want to create an automation where i move a ticket from one board to another based on a status updated. One board is a scrum board and one is a kanban. I am able to move the tickets manually but I want to automate this process. 

Also to note, the scrum board is team managed, and the kanban is company managed. I have tried this but i keep getting this error but I am not sure what it means:

"Can not create issue in project/issue type 10029/10049"

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Doireann Casey , welcome to the Community. You can't move an issue between projects. I think you are trying to use the Move issue to board action which, as described in the action description,  You can move an issue from the backlog to one of the board's columns, and vice versa. This occurs within the same project.

let me know if this makes sense.

Doireann Casey May 15, 2024

thank you. So there is no way to automate that move? I can do it manually between both projects e.g. Project A Scrum to Project B Kanban but i want to automate the process since there will be a lot of tickets

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Doireann Casey , no you cannot move issues yet (AUTO-549 ). You might look at this workaround- move-an-issue-to-another-project-using-automation 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Doireann Casey May 16, 2024

Thank you for your help, I got this working. Really appreciate it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events