Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Automation Email - Loop Through Issues for each Assignee

I am building a Jira automation rule to send a scheduled email with the results from a JQL query. I currently have the email body formatted as such:

The following issues are due soon: 
{{#issues}}
<li> <a href="{{toUrl}}">{{key}} - {{summary}}</a> is due on: <b>{{duedate.format("MM/dd/yyyy")}}</b></li>
{{/}}

which loops through the issues from the JQL query. However, this loops through ALL issues in the query results and sends the email to:

1. All assignees as a group email (if option "Process all issues produced by this trigger in bulk" is selected in the "Scheduled" options)

or

2. Each assignee individually, but with each issue in a different email (if option "Process all issues produced by this trigger in bulk" is not selected in the "Scheduled" options)

What I would like is for each assignee to get only one email with all issues in a list. The email should only send to each assignee individually, not as one email with multiple recipients.Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.45.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.45.10 AM.png

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @ND

Instead of using Automation, can I suggest 3 easier ways to let users know about approaching due dates?

First, create a JQL filter + save your filter. Edit filter details: update permissions to make sure users can use it. Add an explicit filter name and filter description. Then :

1. In Issue/Manage filters: you can subscribe a group of users to this filter and configure the scheduler to send filter results every day at 9 am.
  2. you can also ask interested users to subscribe individually to this filter. And let them configure the scheduler with their preferences.
  3. Last: in the filter screen, users have access to Export/RSS feature.

2020-10-07_17-23-52.png

What do you think about these suggestions? 

1 vote
nmenere Atlassian Team Oct 12, 2020

@ND I think you are best off going with Sedera's approach. In Automation we have no way of grouping by a user or iterating over a list of users (then running a JQL for them).

@Sedera Randria approach is how I do in my team.

Cheers,

Nick [Atlassian - Automation Group Product Manager]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Automation

New to Jira Automation - goodbye Cron (sort of), hello new project created trigger, new additions to

Hey Everyone! Simeon from the Automation team here. I'm delighted to share some new features and improvements that we are shipping to Jira automation (Cloud only). Firstly, @Sam Harding&nbsp...

2,873 views 10 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you