Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation Email - Loop Through Issues for each Assignee

ND October 7, 2020

I am building a Jira automation rule to send a scheduled email with the results from a JQL query. I currently have the email body formatted as such:

The following issues are due soon: 
{{#issues}}
<li> <a href="{{toUrl}}">{{key}} - {{summary}}</a> is due on: <b>{{duedate.format("MM/dd/yyyy")}}</b></li>
{{/}}

which loops through the issues from the JQL query. However, this loops through ALL issues in the query results and sends the email to:

1. All assignees as a group email (if option "Process all issues produced by this trigger in bulk" is selected in the "Scheduled" options)

or

2. Each assignee individually, but with each issue in a different email (if option "Process all issues produced by this trigger in bulk" is not selected in the "Scheduled" options)

What I would like is for each assignee to get only one email with all issues in a list. The email should only send to each assignee individually, not as one email with multiple recipients.Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.45.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.45.10 AM.png

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

Hi @ND

Instead of using Automation, can I suggest 3 easier ways to let users know about approaching due dates?

First, create a JQL filter + save your filter. Edit filter details: update permissions to make sure users can use it. Add an explicit filter name and filter description. Then :

1. In Issue/Manage filters: you can subscribe a group of users to this filter and configure the scheduler to send filter results every day at 9 am.
  2. you can also ask interested users to subscribe individually to this filter. And let them configure the scheduler with their preferences.
  3. Last: in the filter screen, users have access to Export/RSS feature.

2020-10-07_17-23-52.png

What do you think about these suggestions? 

1 vote
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2020

@ND I think you are best off going with Sedera's approach. In Automation we have no way of grouping by a user or iterating over a list of users (then running a JQL for them).

@Sedera Randria approach is how I do in my team.

Cheers,

Nick [Atlassian - Automation Group Product Manager]

0 votes
Stéphanie Rabeyrolles November 8, 2021

Hello, I can't make a loop and I don't get why...

The mail I receive is empty, no datas at all :\

I do have ONE issue in a active sprint for my test, but can't figure out how to make my code work

<ol>
{{#issues}}
<li> [{{key}} {{summary}}]({{toUrl}}) was transitioned to {{status.name}} </li>
{{/}}
</ol>

Capture d’écran 2021-11-08 à 16.47.14.pngCapture d’écran 2021-11-08 à 16.45.30.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events