cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Automation - Cloned issues and linking

Kristin Knight
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2024

When using Jira Automation and creating a Clone ticket, I would like to automatically link any existing links from the trigger ticket and link the trigger ticket.  I'm struggling with how to do this. I thought maybe Branches, but I can't seem to find the right combination. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

3 answers

0 votes
Clara Belin-Brosseau
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2024

Hello @Kristin Knight

If you're willing to use a third-party application, I can suggest trying our app Elements Copy & Sync that allows you to copy issues with all their content (summary, description, custom fields, comments, attachments, etc.) and their child issues.

You’ll be able to automatically link the source issue to its clone.

Don't hesitate to try our app, it's free during 30 days and stays free under 10 users.

Kind regards,
Clara

0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2024

Hi @Kristin Knight and welcome to the community!

If you are willing to use a third party-app, our Deep Clone for Jira can help you achieve your goal. Deep Clone can clone whole issue hierarchies with their issue link structures intact, as well as creating links between original and cloned issues.2024-05-22 16-38.png

0 votes
Chris Rainey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2024

Hey Kristin,

I can try to assist here - what steps do you have configured so far?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events