The Great Atlassian Bakeoff: ACE Blueberry Blue Velvet Cake 🫐🍰

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

A slight twist to the only cake I ever baked, Red Velvet, that I usually make with strawberries. But how to make it Atlassian Bakeoff worthy? That’s easy peasy lemon squeezy 🍋, switch strawberries for blueberries, and Blue Velvet cake is born 💙🫐.

The cake exceeded the expectation. It was delicious and Peanut (my Jack Russel pup) enjoyed little bit too!

Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 19.10.46.png

A few tips before you start baking Blue Velvet cake 👇

Tip 1: Use paste food coloring in the tube. If you use liquid one you won’t have such bright colors.
Unfortunately, I didn’t find paste food coloring so my cake has lighter color…So I’m going more for a light winter theme ❄️

Tip 2: Add violet to achieve deeper, darker blue.
If you use only blue color the cake might turn out in a turquoise/green color so the violet helps to take the yellow down so you achieve true deep blue.
(I learned at least something useful while dyeing my hair with blue color. I’ve been there and done that 😅💇‍♀️)

Tip 3: Don’t leave an empty bowl of brandy cream frosting on the coffee table if you have a doggo 🐶.

Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 19.10.25.png

ACE Blueberry Blue Velvet Cake Recipe 

DRY INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cup of self-rising flour

1 tsp of baking soda

Pinch of salt

WET INGREDIENTS

🧈1/4 cup of unsalted butter

🍭2/3 cup of caster sugar

🥚2 eggs

🛢1/2 cup of vegetable oil

🍦1 tsp of vanilla extract

🥛1/2 cup of buttermilk

🎨1 tsp of violet food coloring

🎨3 tsp of blue food coloring

FROSTING

🧀1 pack of Philadelphia light

🥃1 pack of extra thick brandy cream

🎨Violet and blue coloring

OTHER

🫐Blueberry jam

🥥Coconut

🫐Blueberries

Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 19.11.54.png

STEPS

Preheat oven for 180C, prepare a large flat baking tray with baking paper.

Mix together all wet ingredients and then separately dry ingredients. And then mix them all together. Add mixture to the baking tray and bake until done (15-30 mins depending on your oven).

Prepare frosting by mixing all ingredients together and place in the fridge while you bake your cake.

After you take the cake out of the oven wait until it cools down and in the meantime prepare paper Atlassian ACE logo (twice) which we will use while shaping the cake.

Cut out the Atlassian logo twice out of your cake base. Keep leftover cake in a separate bowl, separate into small crumbs and mix with coconut.

Spread blueberry jam on the ACE cake, add frosting on top, and add the second layer of ACE cake on top. Use remaining frosting to cover the whole cake and once done, use the crumbs+coconut mix to cover the sides of the cake.

Add blueberries on top of your cake and you’re done!

Dobrou chut! (Bon apetit in czech) 🍰

Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 19.06.31.png

11 comments

Comment

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

The cake looks 100% like Atlassian's logo. Very good job @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ !

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2021

Wow! That is fabulous.

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2021

Thank you  @Kristján Geir Mathiesen and @Fadoua ! The color didn't work out really well but at least I got the shape right 😅

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen pizza is such a great idea, I was thinking about that one too!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

I love the blueberries on top for that extra touch!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 6, 2021

Terrific job @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_

The blueberries gave a charm to the cake, and the design was quite fabulous! 💙👏🤩

Like # people like this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 6, 2021

This is beautiful, @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ !

Leslie Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

Amazing!

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 6, 2021

So beautiful, @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ !! Love the video! 💙

Bridget
Community Manager
December 6, 2021

WOW! This is so beautiful. I want a bite! 

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

Thank you @John Funk , @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro , @Kristen Roth , @Leslie Lee @Sharon Tan  & @Bridget ! I'm sooo happy you like the cake 🍰 😌

I need to report that it disappeared the same day I made it 😅

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 7, 2021

I can imagine that happened @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_

It looked so tasty!! ❤️

vlad_puhach December 9, 2021

I wanna taste it @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ ! Send me over a piece to Ukraine!

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

No more left @vlad_puhach🥲 But try the recipe, it's so simple!

Like vlad_puhach likes this
Nigel Budd December 9, 2021

Amazing

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2021

Thanks @Nigel Budd 😌!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events