Cloud migration resources roundup: February 2021

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 4.07.12 PM (1).png

Hi! Elizabeth here, I’m a marketer on the cloud migrations team at Atlassian. If you spend a lot of time in this group on Community, you may have seen my name before. I do my best to share all-of-the-things we’re developing to help our customers get to cloud: whitepapers, blogs, demos and videos.

But we’re all busy people, so my team got to thinking… wouldn’t it be easier if there was one place to look for new migrations-related resources? And that’s how this idea was born. Welcome to the new cloud migration resources roundup: a list of new assets we’ve launched recently as well as a reminder of where to find our go-to tools.

So if you’re thinking about migrating to cloud and wondering what resources are available to help you get there, look no further. I’ll be posting regular updates that are a collection of the latest and greatest.

And we’re always trying to figure out what assets would be helpful to customers who are exploring cloud or who are in the midst of migrating. Is there a resource you’re looking for that we haven’t yet provided? Please let us know in the comments below and we’ll prioritize our plans accordingly 🙂

Happy migrating!

Elizabeth

Happy February! Here’s what’s new:

And don’t forget about the tried and true!

7 comments

Comment

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

@Elizabeth Howden , this is something I really, really needed. I am in the world where I am trying to get rolling on this (getting focus factor is the difficult bit) but you just got rid of one of the items I needef focus for. Granted I have a ton of stuff to grok in the links but at least the elements I would need and some of the as yet outstanding questions are answered here. 

Thank you for this

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Howden
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2021

Thanks @mike - that's great to hear! I'm so happy this is helpful. As you get in to the weeds of migrating (or exploring cloud), let us know if there are resources or tools you need but can't find. That's super helpful feedback for us :) 

Chihoussay Ibrahim February 5, 2021

@Elizabeth Howden expliquer moi très bien svp et merci beaucoup je eu des reponses a mes certains questions vraiment merci 

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2021

Well @Elizabeth Howden , I have launched into this festival. You noted a place to provide some feedback and I have some... already... I dropped a quick question on the Community Leader Slack but no real answer.. 

So... the two things I found; one kinda annoys me that I didn't know there was a Good Thing available and the other could significantly affect my chances of success.

1. The annoying thing: I had no idea that I could stand up a test instance without double paying for the life of my current SENs. I have been assessing whether I can go cloudy since 2018 (was a definite no then based on functionality but now there is a Real Chance). Had I but known that I could stand up these test instances, I would've done so 11s after the EOL announcement. I have held off until what might be too late now as I was trying to clear the decks enough to put real work on it. If I could've had it since that EOL announcement, I could've fit in some bits of effort here and there all along. Why is this not shouted from the rooftops over and over?
  2. Impacts chance of success: Item 1 notwithstanding as that is a Very Good Thing, everything I see seems to suggest that apps still only get 30 day trials. My environment is rather complex and uses a lot of apps to do what it does. If I have to try to compress migration, test, fix, round and round into 30 days.... chances of success are small.
Elizabeth Howden
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2021
Hi @Mike Rathwell - thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.
  1. Correct, we offer a free cloud migration trial for the remaining duration of your server license (or up to 60 days) that many customers use to test the migration without double paying. Here's a video that explains how to claim and use the trial. I'm sorry to hear that this tool wasn't clearly or well communicated to you. We're always trying to increase awareness of the free trial, so this feedback is very helpful.
  2. Correct, Marketplace apps include a free 30-day trial by default. After 30 days, apps can be purchased while you continue to explore cloud and plan your migration using the extended cloud migration trial. Not a perfect solution, but it is possible to purchase the apps while your cloud product is still on trial?
Please let me know if you have any more questions. If you'd like to get in touch with one of our Cloud Migration Managers to discuss these blockers further, you can also fill out this form and someone from the team will be in touch. You'll just need to select "migration support" in the dropdown.

Would you be willing or interested in sharing this feedback directly with our team? If so, I can schedule a meeting! We'd love to learn more about your experience.
Like Michelle Robinson likes this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2021

Hi @Elizabeth Howden 

Thanks for responding to this. And yes please, I would be more than happy to speak with your team.

I kind of assumed it would be that way with the plugins so I will try to compress some of the work into a 30 day window. I could buy them but, rightly or wrongly, I try to be a good steward of my company's money.

Elizabeth Howden
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2021

@Mike Rathwell Do you mind sending me an email at ehowden@atlassian.com with your availability over the next two weeks and we'll get something scheduled with the team? Thanks for your willingness to connect!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events