Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "Migrate cloud site" feature?

ccwilliam October 17, 2021

Hi all,

We want to migrate two cloud site as this instruction mention. 

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/

But we can't find the option of Migrate Cloud Site as we navigate Setting > System.

What I get is Export and Import function, so I wonder what do I miss?

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 11.52.51.png

I am site-admin in both account.

By the way, if I can't use Migrate Cloud Site.

Then as I use import from external data, does the data of target site will be all deleted as mention overwrite all data?

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 11.56.42.png

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2021

Hi @ccwilliam ,

I did search the key words in the app marketplace, but with no luck. I can't find the app. 

Key word: Jira Cloud Migration Assistant, Cloud Migration Assistant, Migration Assistant

Could you please confirm if you are migrating Jira from Server(self-hosted) to Cloud or Cloud to Cloud?

If Server to cloud Please follow the steps mentioned by @J van Leeuwen (you need to install the app on Jira Server)

1. Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
  2. Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons.The Manage add-ons screen loads.
  3. Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
  4. Locate Jira Cloud Migration Assistant via search.Results include app versions compatible with your Jira instance.
  5. Click Install to download and install your app.If your app cannot be installed directly into your application, you may be prompted to download.
  6. You're all set!Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.

To use the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant, you’ll need to be on Jira Server version 7.6.0 or later. 

If you are performing Cloud to Cloud, Please follow the steps mentioned @Daniel Eads  

The Cloud to Cloud migration is still in the process of rolling out - only a subset of sites have it available currently. Since it looks like your site is not in the enabled group yet, please open a support ticket here and mention you'd like to perform a cloud-to-cloud migration. Our support team will get your site enabled to use the cloud-to-cloud migration tool.

Regards,
Sri Kumar P

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hey @ccwilliam ,

The Cloud to Cloud migration is still in the process of rolling out - only a subset of sites have it available currently. Since it looks like your site is not in the enabled group yet, please open a support ticket here and mention you'd like to perform a cloud-to-cloud migration. Our support team will get your site enabled to use the cloud-to-cloud migration tool.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Community

0 votes
J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2021

Hi @ccwilliam - 

It sounds like you are running a version of Jira that didn't have the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant pre-installed. If the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant has not been preinstalled on your Jira server instance, you'll need to install it for that option to become available. You can install by doing the following: 

1. Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
  2. Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons.The Manage add-ons screen loads.
  3. Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
  4. Locate Jira Cloud Migration Assistant via search.Results include app versions compatible with your Jira instance.
  5. Click Install to download and install your app.If your app cannot be installed directly into your application, you may be prompted to download.
  6. You're all set!Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.

To use the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant, you’ll need to be on Jira Server version 7.6.0 or later. 

If you're on an earlier version than this, you'll need to upgrade before you can use the migration assistant.

If you are migrating from a Jira Cloud instance, this option won't be available at all. You'll need to either do a site import, which will overwrite the existing Cloud site or follow the instructions in Migrate projects from one Jira Cloud instance to another, to merge multiple Cloud sites. 

Hope this helps! 

Cheers,
Jennifer van Leeuwen 

ccwilliam October 18, 2021

Jennifer,

Thanks for the rely. 

I have a further question. We use Jira which running on Atlassian's Server.

Does this means we are using Jira Cloud or it just merely Jira Server?

Thanks.

Jennifer,

I did search the key words in the app marketplace, but with no luck. I can't find the app. 

Key word: Jira Cloud Migration Assistant, Cloud Migration Assistant, Migration Assistant

If it's because our location? 

Our account is cherriocean & cherritech.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 09.46.50.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-19 at 09.44.22.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events