What if you use two Atlassian products but with each another mail address ?

Petra_De_Wilde June 23, 2020

This week is the first time I work with Atlassian products.  For a client I'm using Confluence and for a private project I'm using Trello.  For each product I'm logging in with another mail address, resp. the mail address that is created for me with my client's mail server, and my own private mail address.  Moreover, I can imagine that in the future I will use my own company mail address for a third product.  Will this all work ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johnny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2020

Hi  Petra_De_Wilde

That is a good question and something that we all face between personal accounts and work accounts. If you are using a different email address then you can have completely separate product accounts so your personal account  does not getting shared with your work and vice versa. This will work happily for as many accounts as you want but if you want use them all at the same time it would be better to use a different browser for personal and a different browser for work. This way you can have your personal Trello board open in say Firefox and your work Confluence and Work Trello open in Chrome. You can also just log in and log out of the products in one browser if you want but I find that gets a little tiresome.   Atlassian is looking at how we can support you using a single browser for multiple Atlassian accounts but it gets a little tricky. Hope this helps

regards

Johnny

Petra_De_Wilde June 24, 2020

Thank you very much Johnny, this is clear for me now ! (y)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events