Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an email

ruth aladi March 10, 2023

Atlassian • noreply+0ea0d9af0f5143f579b66aac8004a66a99f354683bc6e0d9cba1b2af@am.atlassian.com

Received an email from the above. What gives??

4 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2023

That email address is used by our Cloud services to manage user invites to one or more of our products (such as Jira, Confluence, etc).

It's possible that someone tried to invite your email address to their site.  If it comes from someone you know, then you can choose to accept it or reject it.

However if it is coming from a user that you do not know, then it is either a mistake, or it's also possible that someone is using our service to send spam to your address.  If it is the latter, then please share with me the URL of the site that invited you.  With that information I can request my support team to investigate this further.  If we can find that someone is using our service to spam unexpecting email addresses, that would be against our terms of service and in turn we can suspend those sites.

Regards,

Andy

ruth aladi March 13, 2023

Hi Andy, thanks for the detailed answer. I believe it's either of the last two guesses. I only have an image containing the exact email I received. I'd attach it here.Screenshot_2023-03-13-23-08-52-583_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2023

From looking at that site, it appears to be a legit site.  I doubt this is an example of spam.  I'd recommend just ignoring this email if you do not know this person, or you do not wish to join their site.

ruth aladi March 14, 2023

Thanks Andy👍

Michelle Spicer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2023

Hey Andy,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot, hopefully I am. I was just spammed a large amount of messages. The emails are all support@mylifecs.atlassian.net and I just googled the ending after the @ symbol to figure out who to get a handle on this.
Each email has an email address I do not know, then "shared this with your organization." following the random unknown email address. It's attached to my personal email I don't usually give out, but is probably in a public forum somewhere.

Am I in the right spot? Or would you possibly know where to look next?

Thanks!!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2023

Hi @Michelle Spicer 

If you received unexpected mail from an atlassian.net site, you can forward that mail to our abuse@atlassian.com address.  This will at least allow our abuse team to review the site.  This site doesn't appear to follow the expected pattern of other spam sites from what I can see.  That said, if you are not expecting to receive mail from this site, perhaps we can investigate further if you forward the message you received to us.

0 votes
Konstantinos Payavlas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2023

Hello,

I've received 4 emails with the subject "You've been invited to Jira Service Management" from the following address:

noreply+f7be5148e800a09ad9f54fad6ad99c445dbf6ad06ea13f590b635fb4@am.atlassian.com

and another one with the subject "[JIRA] Susan John mentioned you on IB-1" from the address:

jira@0w8xk7o9.atlassian.net

I'm sure it's spam and they are abusing your services. Could you check it out, please?

Thank you,

K.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2023

Thanks for reporting it to us.  I have flagged this to our anti-abuse team so that they can review and process this site.

Andy

Like Konstantinos Payavlas likes this
0 votes
ruth aladi March 10, 2023

I wouldn't know. Never heard of Atlassian until I received an email saying I was invited to join the team. 

???

0 votes
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2023

Hi @ruth aladi

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Unfortunately we would need more details in order to try to identify where this email came from.

Are you an active user of any Atlassian Product?

Regards,
Eugenio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events