Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization Merge

Miguel Costa January 22, 2021

I'm currently looking for advise for the best way on how to merge two organisations on our account.

On one of the organizations we have a verified domain and all the user accounts, while on the other we have a few products.

I am an admin for both organizations,

Initially I have seen the following process to verify a domain and claim all users

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/verify-a-domain-for-your-organization-873871234.html

But after some more research I noticed that I could transfer all the products to the from the organization that has them to the one that only contains the verified domain and users by following the process below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/transfer-products-to-another-organization-967318518.html

So my question is simple, I'm looking for the best way to have only one organization which process would be more appropriate in this case and less disrupting for the users. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Miguel Costa , 

the second link is exactly what you're looking for : you will be able to move the products (Jira, Confluence, etc) from ORG1 to ORG2, as long as you're Org admin on both.

If you do have a domain verified on ORG1, it will need to be "de-verified" in order to move it. 

For the users, the Org move will not trigger any communication to them, or change the way they access the products : URLs will stay the same.

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Hi @Alexis Robert  thanks for the feedback,

Only in this case I was more inclined to "de-verify" the domain on my Org 2 which contains all our users and migrate that domain to Org 1 which contains all the products. I really wanted to retain Org1 in this case.

Would I need to consider anything apart from triggering user communication with the emails saying "user unmanaged" and "user managed" once I move domain from Org2 to Org1? And will I be able to still claim the users from Org 2 when "re-verifying" the domain in Org 1?

Miguel

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Yes the only thing I've seen myself is the email to the users when you verify/de-verify a domain. Otherwise it won't change much for you or the users, and you'll be able to claim back the domain on your other org (you will have to update the DNS record to verify it of course).

Great thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events