Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification email to finish setting up account

Brightensport May 11, 2021

I am trying to set up an atlassian account using a different email address (same domain), and I am stuck after the step where I add my username and password: I have a screen where it says I should check my email and click on the verification link, however I never receive anything (not even after clicking on "resend the verification email".

How can I work around that and/or fix that issue?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Brightensport ,

I've checked our mail delivery service and found that one address for your domain was on our "do not send" list, due to an error received from your organization's mail server on April 17:

550: 550 5.1.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: Address does not exist

This email seems to be the same one you needed to add, as I saw multiple failed delivery attempts (due to the block on our side) last week when you opened this question. We typically see this kind of thing when the Atlassian account for a new employee gets created before the email address, or at least soon enough that the mail server hasn't completely gotten the mailbox ready to receive mail. I've cleared the pause out of our system, and further attempts to send the verification email to this address should work now - assuming that the email address is now completely enabled in your company's mail server.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support 

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi @Brightensport welcome to the Atlassian community.

It seems like your either your organization admin have blocked the IP addresses OR the Atlassian server might have not recognized your new email.

1. Kindly check with your organization admin to see and remove any blocks on the email address.

2. You should share your email address with support team to check and remove any blocks from their server.

To give an overall jist of your query and answer, please access these links:

Not receiving verification emails 

Email address change not receiving verification 

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Brightensport May 11, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam , thanks for the quick reply! We don't have any blocks on IP or email addresses, so I have contacted the support team to check whether there is anything going on on their end. 

Thanks again and have a nice week ahead! 

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Glad to hear that @Brightensport 

If my post addressed your query, you may click on "Accept answer" for the benefit of new members.

Brightensport May 14, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam ,

Unfortunately my issue is not resolved yet, as I am still dealing with the same problem. As soon as it gets resolved I'll post here how we did it (for the benefit of new members) and accept your answer.

Cheers,

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events