Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving confirmation email

Mario Tobar August 4, 2021

We are not receiving confirmation email, 3 users of my team are not receiving the confirmation email, once the account is created. Click on send and check spam folder but still.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2021

Hi @Mario Tobar , welcome to the Community!

I've found some accounts related to your site (on a different email domain than your email address) on our mail service's suppression list. For the most recent cases, the mail server sent an error that the accounts didn't exist. This generally happens for new mailboxes; for example when the invitations are sent from Atlassian Cloud before the mailbox is completely configured on your organization's mail server.

I've cleared out all the suppressions for that domain. Please try resending the confirmations now! And let me know if they still don't arrive.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Mario Tobar August 4, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads

Thanks for your reply, all accounts with problems are under @burntogive.com 

we in fact had a domain change last week, from burntogive.com to betterfly.com

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2021

Great, thanks for confirming! That is indeed the domain I noticed some errors on and cleared out. The old email addresses do need to be in working order still to receive the change confirmations, if you're having people go individually to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email to change their email addresses. A redirect at the mail server would work fine (example: accept mail on the @burntogive address, forward it to @betterfly).

Like Mario Tobar likes this
Mario Tobar August 24, 2021

Hello @Daniel Eads 

Sorry to bother you again, we are still having issue with the confirmation email when a new hire creates a new account with Confluence or Jira, confirmation email won't arrive

We usually have 5 to 10 new hires every month, and the symptoms are the same when they create new accounts with Atlassian.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2021

Hi @Mario Tobar ,

Just confirming there were 5 more accounts on the suppression list from your email domain since the last clear-out. I've replied on your most recent question as well, but my suggestion is to make sure the mailboxes are created in G Suite well in advance of sending the invitations from Jira or Confluence. You can also use an external service like ismyemailworking.com to send a test email to the new address and confirm it delivers.

Like Mario Tobar likes this
Mario Tobar August 27, 2021

Thanks! @Daniel Eads it's solved.

Mario Tobar September 1, 2021

Hello @Daniel Eads Can you please check once more your suppression list, we are encouraging some of our user to change their email address xxx@gobetterfly.com on Atlassian settings, 

sending a confirmation email that gets stuck. 

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2021

Hey @Mario Tobar , found a couple more from the gobetterfly domain on the list - errors came for those accounts from Gmail on August 31st. One was the "550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist" that all the other errors have been, but there was a second account with a listed "550-5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled" error. That second one is uncommon.

I also found a couple more users from the burntogive.com domain on the list (looked like 4 different people affected from the addresses between your two domains). Those two accounts were listed with the disabled account error from Google as well.

I've set a couple calendar appointments to check your domains over the weekend and again on Thursday next week for any more users with mail suppression issues. If someone mentions problems though, just reply again here!

Cheers,
Daniel

Mario Tobar November 3, 2021

Hey @Daniel Eads Can you please check out domain again ?? :)

new hires with this same problem.

Verification email get stuck. 

Thanks in advance.

image.png

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2021

Hi @Mario Tobar,

Apologies for the delay in response. I see you were able to open a support case and the engineer handling the case cleared out the email blocks. Based on the error code - just noting the same advice as previously. I would suggest creating the inboxes in G Suite well in advance of inviting the users to Atlassian Cloud, and ensuring that the inboxes are ready to receive mail by using a service like ismyemailworking.com to send a test message before sending the invites.

I'll also make a plug that you may want to consider adding Atlassian Access - this lets you (among other things) use G Suite as an authentication provider and have it automatically provision users with SCIM, based on group membership in G Suite. This avoids having to send the invitation email which has generally been causing these users to get stuck. The linked page goes over some other features of Atlassian Access, such as enforcing 2-Factor Authentication and other security policies on accounts in your domain.

Cheers,
Daniel

Like # people like this
Mario Tobar November 9, 2021

No worries @Daniel Eads Thanks for the response, now we know how to avoid this in the future, We will take that recommendation into consideration for our site. 

Thanks again! 

Marcin Gajewski March 8, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads,

we have the same issue on our site - I sent an invitation too early to a new hire and he is not getting e-mails from Atlassian.

The e-mail is in domain: uniterobots.co

Could you clear the suppression list for us?

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Marcin Gajewski March 8, 2022

Solved by Atlassian Support.

ken_doan March 14, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads ,

I have the same issue  I could not receive any confirmation email from Atlasssian

The e-mail is in domain: sai-digital.com

Could you clear the suppression list for us?

Thanks

Ken Doan

Like Mark Habib likes this
Mark Habib June 15, 2022

hi @Daniel Eads 

we are having the same issue with one team member can you please clear out suppression list.

domain is rrit.com.au

thank you

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2022

Hi @Mark Habib ,

Apologies for the delay - I'm not sure if this was resolved for the team member already, but there was a single email address from that domain on the suppression list which I've now cleared. The email address started with a 'j'.

Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2022

@ken_doan Just now seeing your reply on this thread, so I also must apologize for the delayed response. Your email address has been cleared from the suppression list. 

If someone at your organization can complete the steps in Unblocking Office35 emails for Atlassian Cloud , that will also help prevent the suppression list problem from occurring at your organization again in the future.

Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2022

If you've landed on this thread, you likely are having trouble getting invitation emails from Atlassian Cloud (Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Bitbucket Cloud) for yourself or a teammate.

Due to various messages your mail server might have returned when the invitation was sent, Atlassian's mail systems may have paused further emails. Atlassian Support will need to clear this condition for the email address not receiving invitations. This can be cleared up a couple ways:

1. If you are on a paid site, open a support case with us (you may need the help of a Site Admin at your company)
  2. If you are on a free site or can't find a site admin on your paid site, start a new question here on Community using this link.

Ask a new question about email unblocks

A tag will be added to help our support team quickly respond to the question and get the emails flowing again.

If your company uses Office 365 for email, also consider allowlisting emails from Atlassian to proactively prevent future email delivery issues.

Why can't I just comment on this thread?

Only watchers of a thread get notifications of new replies. Starting a new question with the link/button provided above will help the whole support team get a notification of the question. This means you still get help, even if specific Atlassians have taken vacation or changed roles. The team is stronger than any one person!

0 votes
Mark Habib June 15, 2022

same isse

Jade Arana June 27, 2022

Hey @Daniel Eads we are having the same issue. Can you help us? Someone in my team can’t access the account because she never got the email confirmation. Her email is 

<Removed by Atlassian>

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2022

@Jade Arana this is cleared for the email address you mentioned now.

If someone at your organization can complete the steps in Unblocking Office35 emails for Atlassian Cloud , that will also help prevent the suppression list problem from occurring at your organization again in the future.

Cheers,
Daniel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events