Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Community Account Activity to personal account

Wouter December 10, 2021

Hi all! 

Previously I was active in the community on the Atlassian account that was linked to my previous employer' organisation, with my previous professional email account.

I would like that my community activity would be transferred to/visible on my personal (this) account. 

Has anyone been in a similar situation and has advice on how to get this resolved?

KR,
Wouter

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2021

Hi @Wouter ,

While we can't strictly merge the accounts, we can re-associate your previous account with your current email address. I'd suggest not making any meaningful posts on Community in the meantime, as this process does involve essentially "throwing away" the new account associated with your current email address.

This is addressed on Usernames, privacy, email changes, alter egos, and you - I've copied the relevant portion here for your convenience:

My email is locked down because it's associated with my company

In this case, you should create a new Community account using your preferred personal email address. Once set up, actually log in to the Community using this account that is now associated with your personal email address. Important: Do not create any new activity with the new account, as it cannot be migrated or combined with your previous activity.

Then, email communitymanagers@atlassian.com with the following information:

• A link to your original Community profile (the one associated with your company email address) and include the old email address
  • A link to your new Community profile (the one associated with your personal email address) and include the new email address

Your Community Managers can then work to re-associate your history with the profile attached to your personal email address. Remember: Any activity from your new profile will not be migrated, so it's best to leave it blank/unused.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Community Support

Wouter December 11, 2021

Hi Daniel, 

That's great news! 

I will email communitymanagers@atlassian.com 

Thanks. 

Wouter

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

I wish there was a solution for this unfortunately it does not exist as yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events