Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send an email when product access is turned off for a user?

Stan Verlaan August 20, 2020

From time to time we go thru the user list and turn off product access for users that do not seem to use one of our products anymore. Sometimes we turn off access for an account that does need access. 

We would like to solve this problem by sending an email when product access is deactivated. I could not find a way to do this directly, but maybe there is some kind of workaround for this (manually sending emails is way to time intensive)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kieren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2020

Hi Stan,

There's no feature that will allow you to send an email to users when their product access is removed. And we don't have any APIs that you could call to achieve the same outcome.

The best workaround I could suggest is:

1. Take an extract of the user list, as a CSV file
  2. Keep track of each user you remove product access from in the CSV file
  3. At the end of your process, copy all the user email addresses from the CSV file into one email that you send to them all at once.

An alternative workaround is to enable the Approved Domains feature or Request Access feature for your user's email domains, https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/specify-how-users-get-site-access-744721636.html. This way even when you remove their product access, they can regain it automatically by visiting the product or they can request access to the product.

I will bring your issue and idea to our team, to see if it's something we could consider as a future feature :)

Thanks,

-Kieren

Atlassian Product Manager, Identity

Stan Verlaan August 21, 2020

Thank you very much for your answer, Kieren. It is not highly necessary, but it would definitely make our lives easier!

Like Kieren likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events