Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reconnect my account to answers and jira?

kenocrates December 15, 2016

I had an Atlassian account associated with my personal email address that I had created a long time ago to submit support requests (to Atlassian Answers) and feature requests/bugs (to Jira).

I then recently opened an Atlassian account with my work email address for access to BitBucket. But that caused confusion because coworkers saw both accounts and didn't know which to use. So, I amalgamated them. I changed the email on my second account to a temporary email so as to free up my work email. I then deleted that account. And then set the email on my original account to be my work email.

First, I was surprised to see my avatar change on my original account to what I had on my new account.

Then, I found logging in here to Atlassian answers, I had lost all associations with my account to questions I had asked or followed. And on JIRA I lost all associations to tickets I had created or followed.

Any way to get these back?

2 answers

0 votes
Ken Taylor January 5, 2017

I gather that each Atlassian service has separate accounts. An Atlassian id associates these accounts. And BitBucket is associated with an Atlassian id. Are your employer permissions and memberships for Bitbucket or something else?

I suggest you change the email of the Atlassian id account with the old employer to your own personal one. Use it for Atlassian Answers. And use the Atlassian id with your new employer for BitBucket.

0 votes
Logan Hawkes January 5, 2017

I have a similar problem. I created an account several years ago using my work email. I just changed jobs and created an account with my new work email address. I can't change my existing account to use my new email because the new email address is associated with my new account. I'm not sure how to get around this. I don't want to delete my new account because my new employer has set my permissions and group memberships, but I don't want to lose the associations to existing questions I've posted or am following. Also, I don't want to lose all the progress I've made to getting that sweet Atlassian Answers swag (I really want that backpack). 

Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events