Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to new users to the Jira project

AptivUX2 January 24, 2020

I am the service desk admin and i am not able to add new users to the Jira, there is an error thrown, "Something went wrong, try again later".

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hello @AptivUX2,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I see that you are using Jira Service Desk Cloud Free and checking the details of your site, there are already 3 licensed users, that’s why you are receiving this error.  

You can find more details about the free plan on the link below:

With that said, to add new users it’s necessary to uncheck the “Jira Service Desk”, so they won’t receive a license and the user will be created.

Screenshot 2020-01-24_16-04-46-598.png

If you need the new user to have a license, you need to remove the group jira-servicedesk-users from another user, so one license will be available and you will be able to add a newly licensed user.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

AptivUX2 March 5, 2020

Thank you very much for answer, the problem was solved. we were trying to add customers under the licenses users.

We have another question, how can be 100% sure that our project database is located in Europe?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2020

Hi @AptivUX2,

I'm glad that I could help!

I saw that you created a new question specifically for the database location and Andy already replied.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2020

Hi @AptivUX2 

The error is very generic and there can be many root causes. 

I suggest checking the application logs ( JIRA-HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log ) and see if there are any errors at the timestamp when you reproduced the issue. 

In addition to that, here are other discussions on the community with the same error which might help :

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events