Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I am not able to new users to the Jira project

I am the service desk admin and i am not able to add new users to the Jira, there is an error thrown, "Something went wrong, try again later".

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @AptivUX2,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I see that you are using Jira Service Desk Cloud Free and checking the details of your site, there are already 3 licensed users, that’s why you are receiving this error.  

You can find more details about the free plan on the link below:

With that said, to add new users it’s necessary to uncheck the “Jira Service Desk”, so they won’t receive a license and the user will be created.

Screenshot 2020-01-24_16-04-46-598.png

If you need the new user to have a license, you need to remove the group jira-servicedesk-users from another user, so one license will be available and you will be able to add a newly licensed user.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Thank you very much for answer, the problem was solved. we were trying to add customers under the licenses users.

We have another question, how can be 100% sure that our project database is located in Europe?

Hi @AptivUX2,

I'm glad that I could help!

I saw that you created a new question specifically for the database location and Andy already replied.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Adrian Atlassian Team Jan 24, 2020

Hi @AptivUX2 

The error is very generic and there can be many root causes. 

I suggest checking the application logs ( JIRA-HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log ) and see if there are any errors at the timestamp when you reproduced the issue. 

In addition to that, here are other discussions on the community with the same error which might help :

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

We're launching improved navigation for admins

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Atlassian Access team! One of my top priorities is to help make the administrator's life easier through improved pro...

638 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you